Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

"Get me one!" I yelled out to Trinity who was by the drinks. She made an uncommitted shrug and I saw the side of her mouth turn upwards. "Ugh, you're not going to get me one, are you?"

"Nope," came her response. I crossed my arms and glared at her for a second before leaning back on the beach chair I happened to declare as mine. I closed my eyes and inhaled the smell of the salt water.

"Having fun?" An Irish accent inquired. 

I didn't bother opening my eyes, considering I knew exactly who it was. There was only one person here with that accent. "Oh, yeah, totally. It's pretty entertaining to watch The Fakes vying for your attention."

"Is there sarcasm in your voice that I detect?"

I scoffed and cracked one eye open a bit to glance at the blonde. "Sarcasm? From me? No, never. I don't even know what you're talking about."

Niall laughed, a deep chuckle that almost had me smiling. Not that I would have openly admitted that. I would rather eat a porcupine. "That's what I thought. The lads and I are playing a game of football, wanted to know if you would join? Heard you enjoyed it."

"How the heck did you find that out?"

"We know everything, " I opened my eyes to see Niall smirking. I rolled my eyes and sat up and crossed my arms.

"That's not at all creepy. I'm not too great at football, but I'm tired of sitting around and hearing about the newest shade of nail polish. What the flapjacks is the difference between bubblegum pink and cotton candy pink?"

Niall cracked up, laughs bellowing out of him.

"You think I'm kidding, but I'm not," I shuddered, memories of my earlier conversation with one of The Wannabes. I'm pretty sure I'm scarred for life because of that conversation.

"Yikes," Niall grinned. "So you up for it?"

"Sure. I'll whoop your butts, which shall be fun. Where we playing?" I asked as I practically forced myself off the beach chair. Niall nodded his head over to a large grass area that was about fifty feet away from where we were by the fire.

The other four boys were hanging around in the grass, talking to the girls that had all seemed to flock to them. I wanted to roll my eyes, but managed to ignore the urge. Instead, I followed Niall. He stopped by the food table and I grabbed a handful of chips. He grinned at me as he too grabbed a handful.

"You better beat 'em, Son!" Trinity's voice carried from where she and the other girls were sitting.

"Wait, I thought this was football?" I scrunched my eyebrows up at the soccer ball Liam was kicking around. I turned with confusion to Niall.