Chapter Twenty-Six

Dedication to Louisa_Tomlinson12 :)

Chapter Twenty-Six

In the past five months, since my last injured body part, I had managed to forget how difficult it is to completely alter everything in my life to cater to that certain injury. It sucked. But I guess I couldn't really complain, seeing as it was only a sprain. I'd gotten off lucky, broken bones are much less fun to deal with.

"Hey, Al, we gotta get outside. We have about fifteen minutes before the filming starts for the voting off," Trinity poked her head into my room. 

I made a face at her, to which she laughed at before continuing down the hall. I heard her relay the same message to Ariana and Andie. With great struggle, I forced my foot off the pillow that had been keeping it elevated. In a split second, I came to the conclusion that going on TV in only a bra would probably not be a good idea. So I flung my over-sized hoodie over my head. 

"I.. I… I just think I'm going to get voted off!" A girl could be heard crying from her room, farther along down the hall.

Jeez, this show is totally making me a softie.. I felt slightly sympathetic for that girl. I mean, yeah, I'd still do anything to get out of this madhouse.. But for this girl, One Direction meant everything. It was hard not to be sympathetic.

"Al! There you are! Okay, so I was listening to Youtube covers and… Please tell me you haven't listened to Alex Goot's collab of One More Night? Because I would really like to be the one to tell you about something and ruin your life with it," Andie ran up to me in the living room.

We fell into step as we wandered through the double glass doors that had been propped open. As usual, cameras were getting rolled around, crew members were running around frantically, and the girls of the house were all fretting about their looks. 

"Uh, no, of course not, is it good? I mean, it's Alex Goot, it's probably amazing.." I rambled off, doing a pretty horrible job at lying.

"Dagnabbit, you've heard it." Andie muttered, her slim arms crossing. "What about the Somebody I Used To Know cover by Pentatonix?"

"Watched it ten months ago." I said, feeling slightly bad.. It was obvious Andie had become determined to show me something mind-blowing as revenge for getting her into Sherlock, Marianas Trench and the VlogBrothers.

"I'll find something, just you wait!" She announced with determination, as the two of us came upon the setting for the night.

When it came to the voting off 'ceremony', they had decided to change locations every week. This time, the decision had been to hold it outside. Stupidest idea ever. But that's only my opinion. Anyways, the entire outdoor area had been decked out. Since the sun had already set, lights had to be strategically set up all around to keep the area bright.