CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Day of the Black Sun

The events from the beach to the Day of the Black sun consisted of planning

The events from the beach to the Day of the Black sun consisted of planning. Everyone had a specific place and everyone in the Fire Nation were required to stay home. Everyone knew the Avatar was coming and the Fire Nation's firebenders will lose their bending. This makes Kira an important figure to use at this time. She is shown as a political pawn for the Fire Lord. He is using her as a guard for him and his daughter. Azula kept her close though, not seeing her as a pawn.

"So, what time do you think they're going to get here?" Kira asked Azula doing her hair. Azula shrugged with a soft hum. She didn't care much since she knew they weren't there for her. They were there for her father. "You know I'm going to protect you right. For once my waterbending will be able to be seen."

Azula let Kira finish before turning to her. "You know, most firebenders feel superior to waterbenders. You're the only waterbender that I can think can actually fight the Fire Nation and win." Azula said softly before kissing her girlfriend softly, making Kira smile.

Getting ready, Kira prepared her water and pulled her hair back. Azula helped place some armor on her girlfriend, armor typically worn by royalty. Kira sighed deeply and she gave Azula a nervous smile. "Kira, don't be nervous. You're strong and they most likely won't attack. Don't worry, okay?" Azula cupped Kira's cheek for a moment as they headed down the underground halls. Kira did her patrols with Azula, making sure no one that wasn't fire nation was in the underground city that they created. She was mostly focused on protecting Azula, no one else really mattered to her like her own girlfriend.

"More good news. The guards are going to slow them down by creating a net from the fire and then arresting everyone on the ships." Azula stated as they walked the halls. Looking around, she grabbed Kira's hand. "The only thing is... Zuko isn't going to stay with us. I can read him like a book. He is going to betray us. Mai is going to be heartbroken. However, I think it was pretty inevitable. Zuko was always meant to betray us. He is just too close to Uncle Iroh. The man who left war for his dead son."

Kira listened to Azula, not knowing how to truly feel. Sometimes, it caught her off guard how cold she could be because when they were alone she was kind to her always. Hearing noises from above ground, she knew the invasion was beginning. She only wondered how long it would be until they reached underground. "I always thought he just wanted his father's approval." Kira said, finally responding to Azula who gave a shrug. Who truly knew what went through Zuko's mind. He was someone who you could either predict easily or not at all.

Azula walked into the throne room, Kira standing beside it. She had to play guard today. Not girlfriend, not Lady in Waiting. Her only position today was guard. Hearing voices outside, she prepared herself, but Azula held a hand out to stop her. The door opened dramatically and there was Aang, Sokka, and Toph. All names Kira learned well from fighting and research. "So, you are alive after all." Shock filled the boys faces but Toph seemed unphased. "I had a hunch that you survived. But, it doesn't matter. I've known about the invasion for months." Azula stated with a smirk. Kira could feel the smirk in Azula's words as she watched the shock grow on Aang and Sokka.