CHRISTMAS BLURB

𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑪𝑯𝑹𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑴𝑨𝑺
- Anne

Azula stared at the gift in her hands nervously. Was this a stupid idea? To buy Kira a ring with, instead of the Fire Nation gem, a ruby, it holds a sapphire. She kept the gold band though in order to mix the Fire Nation and Water Tribe colors together to signify her love. Azula was inspired by her Christmas gift last year from Kira that had a silver band and a ruby in the middle. Something added is she had 'I love you' engraved on the inside of the band. She also bought more gifts since she decided she would spoil Kira greatly this year.

Kira was a thoughtful gift giver she went out and got Azula things she wanted and needed. Tubes of red lipsticks and bottles of red nail polish. She remembered Azula complaining that she always ran out too quickly. In addiction, she got her a gold neckclace that held a locket with a small painting of herself. This was something Azula wanted. A locket with Kira inside it. She also requested a painting of the two of them, which is why Kira hired someone to do it later that evening since she didn't want to hire anyone on Christmas day.

Gathering the last of Azula's gifts, she placed it underneath the true. Smiling proudly, she looked on in amazement. "Hey, love," Azula's voice was heard, earning Kira's attention as she grinned widely at her significant other. Kira watched as Azula put gifts down for Kira and then she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend lovingly, kissing her cheek. "You're going to love your gift." Azula promised, looking up slightly at Kira. She wasn't wearing her usual heeled footwear so she was significantly shorter than Kira at the moment. Normally, though, they looked about the same height in contrast.

Kira chuckled softly as Azula's hair tickled her nose slightly cause of the small frizzes she had. Her hair was down and Kira could tell she just got it combed by the hand maidens. Kira took Azula's hands. "I think you will have a good one." Hearing a knock, Kira grinned, opening the door to see a painter being escorted by guards. "Speaking of which, here is your first surprise." Kira looked at Azula who looked pleasantly surprised. "Come on in. I'm Lady Kira and this Princess Azula, as you know." She introduced, letting the painter in and dismissing the guards.

The painter looked at the two with a kind smile. He was an older gentleman who had a funny mustache upon his upper lip. "Ah, the two best friends that show how submissive the water tribes are. You're proof that the Water Tribe is okay with being taken over, which is what we're hoping for after the Earth Kingdom. Isn't that right, Lady Kira?" Kira tensed at the question causing Azula to frown. She ended up ignoring it and decided not to question why Kira seemed so upset by his statement. She shouldn't be upset, anyways. The Fire Nation is superior, and that was a fact.

Following the painter's instructions the two got painted. After what felt like hours of staying completely still, the painting was complete. The painting was beautiful. "Wow, thank you so much, Mr. Lee." Kira bowed gratefully, retrieving the painting to marvel at the beauty of it. Azula escorted the man out before taking the painting offered to her by her girlfriend. "You look so breathtaking in this painting. However, you look even better in person." Kira said, kissing Azula gently. At this moment, Azula felt so utterly in love.

Pulling away, Azula put down the painting, leading her to the bedroom. There was a grin on her lips. "Let's go to bed because I really want to give you your gifts and if we don't go to bed now, I might get too excited and have you open them up early." Azula admitted sheepishly. With a small laugh, the girls dressed into their sleeping gowns, sleeping in their seperate rooms. However, both struggled to sleep due to their individual excitement. This was the first Christmas that they would spend together.

The next morning, presents were open and innocent kisses were shared. They also visited Ty Lee and Mai to drop off their gifts too. Kira even bought a gift for Zuko. Christmas that year was so far the best. She only hoped there were more.