CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
Ember Island, Pt. 2

Later that day, after the volleyball game, the teen sat around the table for dinner curtesy of Li and Lo. Zuko couldn't sit still, and it was obvious something was on his mind. Finally, he couldn't contain himself anymore. "Why didn't tell those guys who we were?" Zuko questioned his sister, finally eating now that he got the question off his chest. He had been holding it in for most the day since the incident occurred.

Azula sighed, picking at her food. The question caused all eyes on her which made Azula almost roll her eyes. "I guess I was intrigued. I'm so used to people worshipping us." Azula stated absentmindedly. She took a bite, looking at her brother. She hoped the truth would get him to leave her alone. He always liked to pry at things he didn't always need to. She had her reasons and didn't need to disclose them to anyone.

Ty Lee swallowed her food, leaning over Kira, who was between Azula and herself. She smiled at Azula as she moved a bit closer. "They should." She told her, moving back to her seat as Azula looked at her. She didn't appreciate the closeness of Kira and Ty Lee at that moment.

Azula nodded at Ty Lee, putting down her chopsticks. She placed a hand on Kira's knee, resisting the urge to glare at the acrobat. "Yes, I know, and I love it. But, for once, I just wanted to see how people would treat us if they didn't know who we were." Azula concluded, hoping to drop the conversation. She picked up her chopsticks again, proceeding to steal some of Kira's food playfully, causing Kira to laugh softly. The food Azula stole, she fed to her girlfriend with a gentle smile.

"Like waves washing away the footprints on the sand, Ember Island gives everyone a clean slate." Li began to speak beside Zuko and Azula. They weren't surprised to hear Lo begin to say the next sentence. They tended to say paragraphs back and forth and finish together. "Ember Island reveals the true you." The two older ladies then proceeded to get up, doing a weird hand movement involving claps and slaps to their shoulders and legs. The teens watched in confusion and bewilderment, soaking in their words pre-distraction. "To the party!" The ladies exclaimed in perfect unison.

Kira rose a brow, putting her chopsticks down as she stood, helping Azula and Ty Lee up. Anything to get away from those crazy ladies. "Right... Well, thank you very much for dinner Li and Lo." She said before taking Azula's hand and rushing out of the house. Stepping outside, she leaned close to Azula. "Where are their cats? Shouldn't they have a lot of cats?" Her questions caused Azula to laugh as she shook her head in amusement. The genuine smile on her features cause Kira to smile as well before pressing a soft, careful kiss to her lips.

The girls were soon joined by Ty Lee, Mai, and Zuko before they began to head out towards the party. Ty Lee had gotten the directions for them and explained where to head after they reached the volleyball court. Upon arrival, Azula gently let go of Kira's hands due to Sozin's law, she wanted Kira to be safe. She reached her hand up before using the dragon door knocker on the front door to gain Chan and Ruon-Jian's attention to let them know of their arrival. Opening the door, the more muscular of the two (Chan) rose a brow. "Uh... Youre a bit early. No one's here yet."

Azula laughed a little as she moved closer. Leaning her hand on the wall, she rose her brows at him. "I heard you telling someone you'd be partying from dusk till dawn. It's dusk so we're here." She explained, moving her hands out to gesture at her friends. The only ones that seemed to be interested in having fun at the party was Azula, Ty Lee, and Kira. Though, Azula was only excited cause Kira was excited, other than that, it was a power thing.

Chan sighed, running a hand down his face. He truly believed Azula was the craziest girl in the world. She obviously had no people skills. "But, that's just an expression." He tried to counter as he glanced at Zuko and Mai who looked incredibly bored in the back. Chan didn't know why they were here so early since normal people would be arriving later on. Normal parties didn't start 'right on time,' either. This group was a weird group, and Chan knew deep down they would be causing some amount of trouble. He could sense it due to the girl in front. Something was up with her.

Azula scoffed at his words, looking at Kira. Looking at her girlfriend who smiled back at her caused her to remember why she was here. "We are the perfect party guests. We arrive right on time because we are very punctual." Azula explained placing a gentle karate chop against her hand. It made Chan shrug as he accepted her reasoning, allowing her and her other friends to enter the mansion. Azula winked at Kira, leading the way in for her group, as she typically did. She was a natural born leader and it was something Kira admired about her.

Chan walked in, stuffing his hands in his pockets. It wasn't long before he turned to address the group as they went further into the mansion. "Alright, so listen. My dad's an admiral. He has no idea I'm having this party so don't mess anything up." Chan stated, glancing at each group member to make sure they understood. His eyes lingered on Kira a bit as she nodded with a soft smile.

Azula noticed this and got jealous. So, she did what any jealous girlfriend would have done in the situation. "That's a sharp outfit, Chan... Be careful. You could puncture the hull of an empire-class Fire Nation battleship leaving thousands to drown at sea." The look of confusion on Chan's face made Azula point at his outfit. "Because it's so sharp." He thanked her awkwardly and Kira glared, nudging Azula to stop. Ty Lee noticed the hurt look on Kira's face.

"What the hell, Azula? Why were you flirting with him?" Kira stated, looking at her girlfriend. For the first time, Azula was at a loss for words. Kira nodded currently, turning away. "Whatever. Ty Lee and I are getting something to drink. I'll talk to you later."

Ty Lee was Kira's best friend and she was definitely close to her when they were young girls. So, she just needed to rant. She was jealous that boy flirted with Ty Lee, and she wanted to start there. "You're so lucky." Kira stated as she pouted herself a drink. "That boy flirted with you... publicly. Azula never gets to do that. Sozin's stupid law and everything. It sucks. And now... She flirted with a boy right in front of me." Kira stated, wiping a tear from her eye before it cascaded down her cheek. She hated being a secret.

Ty Lee sighed as she placed a hand on her best friend's shoulder. "Even though she did that, I can tell she only has eyes for you. She really likes you but got jealous that Chan flirted with you. If you think about it, when she's truly flustered, it's always because of you. I think you're overthinking it." Though Ty Lee liked Kira, being her best friend always came first.

Kira smiled appreciatively as she hugged Ty Lee. "You're right, I'm going to go find her." Kira said as Ty Lee began to get bombarded with boys. Kira watched Ty Lee escape them before looking for Azula. At one point, she saw Ty Lee with Azula, but as she got closer, she watched Azula and Chan walk outside. Her heart shattered as she watched Chan kiss Azula.