CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
Growing Pains

FLASHBACK CHAPTER!!! SET WHEN AZULA AND KIRA WERE YOUNG KIDS!!!

Kira watched as Azula did a few acrobatic tricks in awe until she fell. Kira rushed over to the girl quickly, looking at Ty Lee as she began to do the same thing, but with a little bit of extra moves, sticking the landing. Kira held a hand out to Azula. Blushing from embarrassment, she took Kira's hand, standing up quickly before pushing Ty Lee down and laughing. "Azula!" Ty Lee and Kira called as Kira helped up the girl in pink.

Hearing footsteps approach, Kira looked up to see Queen Ursa and Prince Zuko. Smiling, Kira looked over at Mai who was blushing. "Watch this." Azula whispered to Ty Lee and Kira before running over to her mother and Zuko. "Mom, can you make Zuko play with us? We need equal teams to play a game." Azula said, pretending to be innocent.

Zuko glared at Azula before holding onto the railing beside him. "I am not cartwheeling, Azula." Zuko stated. Kira assumes it's because he was a boy. Boys tended to assume only girls were allowed to learn gymnastics. In reality, gymnastics can be a great benefit when fighting battles. Kira was learning from Ty Lee since she wasn't allowed to join gymnastics. She was hoping it would help her with some cool water bending attack tactics when she was older.

Azula huffed as she crossed her arms. "You won't have to, cartwheeling's not a game, dumb-dumb." Kira could hear the eye roll Azula added onto that statement as she went to stand next to her princess. At this time, Kira wasn't just there to help her learn water bending techniques, but she was also there to be a handmaiden.

Zuko's eyes widened at Azula's comment. Dumb-dumb. Who does she think she is? "I don't care, I don't want to play with you." Zuko told Azula, making it clear that he wasn't interested. He knew it wasn't just a little game Azula was playing.

Azula sighed, putting on a sad face. "We are brother and sister. It's important for us to spend time together. Don't you think so, mom?" Azula sent a hopeful look to her mother. Though, Kira and Azula knew this might be a long shot since Ursa typically sided with Zuko on things.

However, they were surprised by her response. "Yes, darling, I think it's a good idea to play with your sister." Ursa smiled, ruffling Zuko's hair. "Go on, now, just for a little while. May I borrow Kira for a second? Before the game?" Ursa asked Azula who nodded reluctantly. For some reason, she hated, even at a young age, when Kira left her side. It made her feel very lonely.

Kira went to Ursa as Zuko and Azula headed towards the water fountain. "They're treating you right? I don't want them treating you bad just because you're from the water tribe." Ursa stayed, looking down at the young girl. She hated that Ozai wouldn't just return the poor child to her home. Instead, in a way, she made Kira a slave. She couldn't leave Azula's side and had to be Azula's servant. However, it seemed that Azula treated far better than that. Azula wanted her to be free and independent. Azula wanted her to be her friend.

Kira gave a grin. "Yes, ma'am. Azula even let me play in her room yesterday. We are friends, I think. Ty Lee is really nice and says I am really pretty. She is too! Mai is super shy but super kind to me. I think it's like you said... We don't see nation or tribe, yet. But, I hope they don't see me like water tribe scum." Kira said in disgust.

Ursa placed a kind hand on Kira's shoulder. "The people of the Water Tribes are strong. They are not scum. Never think that way of yourself. I know Azula never will." Ursa said before ushering the girl off.