CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
The Boiling Rock and
the Loss of Friends

"Okay, so, Zuko is at the Boiling Rock?" Kira repeated, pulling on her overshirt. Mai cringed, causing Kira to give the girl an apologetic look. Zuko really hurt her when she left. Azula has also been harder to deal with at times due to this. Mainly because the Fire Nation has been making plans to colonize more of the Earth Nation and destroying the Avatar. More stress has been put on any ranking members of the court, especially Azula, due to how fast Sozin's comet was coming. "Are we going?"

Azula looked over to her girlfriend, sighing. She wanted to be rude, but wouldn't be towards her. She wasn't going to disrespect her girlfriend. It's bad enough in private, but in public would have probably created an unnecessary arguement. Something Azula couldn't handle right now. Kira tried to stay her distance. Azula and her were fourteen, their love life was starting to create a rift between them due to the overwhelming pressure Ozai put on his youngest child and only daughter. "Yes, we're going. For one, Mai needs closure. Another reason is, he can lead us straight to the Avatar."

Kira wanted to bring up the fact she wanted to join the Avatar's side. However, that was treason. That was something that would cause hate to spark between Azula and Kira. Though Kira was young, she was in love. Maybe this love wasn't going to last a lifetime but it's how she felt now and how she wanted to feel forever. Nodding, Kira went to fill her bag with water. She was followed by Ty Lee who gave her a questioning look. "Kira, what's wrong? You've been distant?" Ty Lee questioned her best friend. Maybe Kira was still recalling Mai's words from Ember Island. The words stolen from Ty Lee who never wanted to tell Kira how she fet.

Kira sent a smile towards Ty Lee. However, it was worn and sad. "We've been fighting, Azula and I." She ran a hand through her dark brown hair before close the cap on her bag. "This relationship, I want it to work. Maybe it won't last forever, but for right now, it's how I see my forever." Kira spoke tiredly. It was then that Ty Lee realized that Kira had been crying due to the dry tear stains on her cheeks.

She was shocked and appalled that Azula would make Kira cry. Kira was always so kind to Azula. She risked her life for Azula several times. She took punishments for Azula when they were kids in the Fire Nation palace and at school. It's like all of that was forgotten. "I would never make you cry like that." Ty Lee confessed, causing shock to register on Kira's expression. Ty Lee was never so outspoken when it came to her feelings toward the water bender. Kira only heard people admit Ty Lee's feelings for her, but this was the first time she heard Ty Lee say it herself.

Breathing out, she sent a smile Ty Lee's way. Before Azula, Kira did have a thing for Ty Lee. It was brief and shut down. However, those feelings were passed. "I guess that's the difference between a best friend and a girlfriend. A best friend will never hurt you." Kira said, leading Ty Lee to the air ship that they were requirdd to meet at to travel to the Boiling Rock. Kira hoped to see Suki again. She and Suki became close, secretly. Kira told Suki about what was happening in the world.

She also admitted to Suki that she felt guilty. She felt so guilty for all the bad things the Fire Nation had done. She confessed to Suki that if she wasn't in love, she would have left the Fire Nation as soon as she saw the destruction. It's how she bonded with Suki. They both were in love. Young love. It was so stupid. Kira wished she didn't feel love sometimes because all it brought later was pain. Suki told her that real love would be found when she was older, but Kira knew that what she felt was real.

Nervously, she sat beside Azula. When Azula looked her way, she winced. Yet, she relaxed as Azula took her hand and carefully dropped her head upon Kira's shoulder. Breathing out in relief, Kira smiled to herself. Maybe things were finally starting to look up for once. She felt exhausted but maybe that exhaustion and sleepless nights from arguing were now over. "We'll be there soon, Kira." Azula whispered to her girlfriend, letting go of her hands as she made sure she looked decent still. Kira looked at her hands, wishing for Azula to return and delay her royal duties for once.

However, that was selfish of Kira. At least, she felt guilty at the thought of being so selfish. Azula has wanted to be Fire Lord for so long and now, things seemed to be progressing with Zuko now banished for real with no return or Fire Nation assistance. Kira will not ruin this for Azula. Looking over at Mai, Kira decided to finally speak. "Mai, good luck with him today." Kira stated genuinely earning a small hint of a smile from Mai's pale lips. Something the two could bond over was how hard it was to date Fire Nation royalty. Especially those siblings.

Feeling the air ship land, the four teens walked out to where the warden was meeting them. Mai greeted her uncle with a kind greeting, thanking him for the information he gave her. The girls separated from Mai, letting her spend some time alone with her ex-boyfriend. She needed this to get the confirmation she needed to finally end things. Kira could really tell that Zuko hurt her. She never heard Mai confirm it but due to simple body signs and agitation, Kira could confirm her own suspicions. Plus, they've been friends for many years.

Finding the warden in a cell, Azula listened in. Kira and Ty Lee glanced at each other as the warden scolded the man in the room. There was something about an imposter and Azula seemed to know what was going on. The door opened and there was a booming voice that escaped the room. "Who told you to interrupt me?!" The warden yelled loudly. Kira stood behind her girlfriend as she watched the warden's face fill with fear. The man then fel to his knees, bowed, and shook with fear over a fourteen year old girl. A young girl with the power to banish anyone who disobeyed her.

Azula. She was like a shark. She wasn't scared to bloody the waters. Placing a hand on her hip, she looked over the cowering man and then at the man in the chair. Both looked frightened, only one was forced to have more composure since he was tied up to a chair. "I did." Her voice commanded attention and it causes a shove to fall down even Kira's spine. Yet, Ty Lee stood there as chipper as usual. She was so unfazed by this side of Azula. Which kinda creeped Kira out.

The man was still on the floor, not making a move. He was still, his shaking ceased but sweat droplets could be hurt splashing onto the floor disgustingly. Kira was grossed out by this, looking at him. "Princess Azula." He greeted, his eyes staring holes into the floor. "Uh, it's an honor to welcome you to the Fire Nation's most exemplary prison. I didn't realize you were coming." The warden admitted, lifting his head and sitting on his knees as Azula walked further into the room. He took the opportunity to then look up at her, trying to hide his fear.

The warden stood up, brushing himself off. Azula then looked over the man in the chair, examining him almost. He looked angry. "Who is this?" Azula questioned. She had to say he perked her curiousity, especially due to what she was hearing from outside the doors, before she was announced.

The warden cleared his throat. He was a little scared to answer her question. "He was a guard until he was involved in a recent and feeble escape attempt." The warden explained as the guy tried to plea that it wasn't him. "Quiet, you!" The warden snapped as he thrusted a finger into the guard's face. This made the man look away.

Azula almost laughed as she crossed her arms, sighing softly. Looking over at the warden, she rolled her eyes. "You're wasting your time. That's not one of them." Azula walked off, making the warden question how she knew. A chuckle left the princess's lips. "Because I'm a people person." Azula stated as the door shut behind her. She knew that where Zuko was, his little Team Avatar had to be there, too. Azula wasn't just a people person, she knew her brother and people like his friends all too well.

Azula knew that due to the loud noises, her brother was making a move. The only escape had to be the gondolas, making her way over there, the guards bowed down to her. Kira sighed, holding herself uncomfortably. "I'm going to go find Mai." Retreating to go find her friend, Kira missed out on Ty Lee and Mai ultimately betraying Azula by chi blocking her and letting her brother and his friends escape. However, seeing Azula rush over and grab Kira, taking her to the air ship, Kira began asking questions, none of them being answered until:

"They betrayed us."