SEASON TWO

BEFORE ZUKO WAS BANISHED

"PRINCESS," THE VOICE OF OZAI was heard, making his youngest child and only daughter turn to her father. Giving him a respectful bow, she looked up at him with curious amber eyes. "I have someone I want you to meet. Though, normally, we don't accept different benders, this one is different. She will teach you water bending techniques so you can achieve the balance when it comes to the elements."

Behind Ozai was a girl. She had tanned skin and bright blue eyes. Eyes like Azula has never seen before. She was beautiful, but a waterbender. If it wasn't for the radiant look about her, Azula would have been disgusted just by looking at her.

"What's her name, Father?" Azula questioned, looking over the girl. She met her eyes and Azula had to hold back a smile for some reasons. She didn't know why. She was just a girl. Not even one of importance. "I suppose, if she is going to be my teacher, I should know. Especially if you see her wise enough at her age to work with me."

Ozai was always impressed by her daughter's diction and vocabulary. But, his favorite thing was her bending. She was a firebending prodigy. "Kira," he said simply. He pushed the girl forward, leaving them.

Kira looked at Azula, still very shy. For some reason, Azula felt bad. So, she carefully smiled. "I'm Azula." She introduced with a sweet smile on her lips as she looked into the girl's blue colored eyes.

Even after her training, Azula convinced her father not to get rid of the water bender, as she had proved to be useful to her, placing Kira on her court. Azula, a love struck teenager, for some reason couldn't get the girl out of her mind. It was impossible and angered her deeply.