CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Ember Island

Feeling the boat sway, Kira looked at the waves. She felt so at peace while staring at the never ending waters. Ty Lee also seemed very happy and at ease, just sprinkle in incredible excitement. "I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island. It's going to be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing." She expressed as Azula took Kira into her arms. Ty Lee's smile faltered a bit, but she quickly hid that as Kira grinned at her in agreement. The last few weeks, since they got back, had been hectic.

Zuko grumbled as he crossed his arms, eyes narrowing towards Ty Lee. He couldn't stand that they were forced to take this vacation. Zuko wanted to make war plans with his father, not spend the week in their family vacation home. "Doing nothing is a waste of time. We're being sent away on a forced vacation. I feel like a child." Zuko complained, acting like one (a child), too. This made Kira roll her eyes at the boy as he stood up to look at the water.

"Jeez, Zuko, can't you calm down for once. You say you're feeling like a child, but you're also acting like one. This vacation is going to be good for us. All of us." Kira huffed, leaning into Azula. She hated when Zuko used to get like this. It seemed like nothing had changed since they were kids. Kira thought the three years would have changed him, turned out she was wrong. "Besides, this is where Azula and I can be out and fine. I'm excited to spend time with my girlfriend. You should also be happy to spend time with your beautiful girlfriend too. So, stop complaining and enjoy this little vacation."

A small laugh escaped Azula. She loved seeing Kira get this way. She could tell that Zuko was getting on her nerves. "Yeah, Zuzu, lighten up. So Dad wants to meet with his advisors alone, without anyone else around. Don't take it personally." Azula stated, rubbing her girlfriend's arm soothingly. She could still feel the girl seething from within her arms. For a water bender, Azula noted that Kira had the temper of a fire bender. Maybe that was because she was raised in the Fire Nation. Which is much better than being raised like a water peasant.

Ty Lee felt the tensions rising, looking between the siblings and Kira. Clearing her throat, she threw on a sheepish smile. "Azula, doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Ty Lee questioned, offering up a new conversation. She wasn't one for arguements.

Azula nodded simply, smiling a bit as she remembered when Kira first came along onto one of their visits. She was so nervous. "We used to come every summer when we were kids." Azula answered, kissing Kira's cheek softly. It was a way to inform Kira that she had her in mind when she answered that question.

Ty Lee looked away slightly before grinning at Azula. She couldn't show her true emotions right now. Only Mai knew that Ty Lee had a crush on Kira. She didn't need Azula mad with her. "That must have been fun!" She deemed, trying to hide the fact that she was truly disappointed about the fact that Azula and Kira were showing PDA. They were being so obvious now because Sozin's law making homosexuality illegal was still put in place in the Fire Nation. As princess, Azula has to hide their relationship. This kept everything calm and Kira safe from Azula's father.

Zuko grumbled, clenching his fists. Looking back, he let his amber eyes meet Ty Lee's grey ones as they narrowed. He couldn't stand her optimism. "That was a long time ago." Zuko stated, his hair flying through the breeze as houses and land came to their sights. This caused Zuko to sigh as he sat back down by Mai, enjoying his last few minutes on the small boat. It was obvious that Zuko definitely wasn't the vacationing type. However, the rest of the group (with the exception of Mai) was not going to let Zuko bring the vacation down this weekend.

The boat finally reached the shore and the teens were met with Li and Lo. They were very close friends to the royal family. "Welcome to Ember Island, kids." They invited them onto the dock, leading them to a place that was run down and not to Azula's liking, if she was honest. However, she kept her opinions to herself as she let her pinky link with Kira's. Moving passed the curtains, they were shown their rooms. "We know you're upset you were forced to come here this weekend." Li began as she looked at her sister. "But Ember Island is a magical place. Keep an open mind." The Lo continued. "Give it a chance." The Li started up again. "And it can help you understand yourselves and each other." They finished together. This was weirded Kira out slightly.

"The beach has a special way..." Li began again as she picked up a smooth rock. She seemed to be observing it before passing it on to Lo. "...of smoothing even the most ragged edges." Lo spoke softly, examining the rock like her sister did. Both with nostalgic smiles. Clapping twice, they caught the teens off guard. "Now, time to hit the beach!"

Kira looked horrified as the older ladies revealed revealing swimsuits underneath. Mai covered Zuko's eyes as Azula and Ty Lee did the same to Kira. "Anyways, I'm going to go change." Kira cleared her throat before leaving to put on her red swimsuit. As she waited, Ty Lee offered to do her hair which she allowed. Kira was completely caught off guard as Azula walked out of the room in her swimsuit. "You look fantastic, Princess." Kira said, getting up. Thank the spirits that Ty Lee was done. She approached Azula, kissing her deeply, making Ty Lee's face scrunch up in disgust.

Heading off to the beach, Azula and Kira both held blankets as they discussed minor politics and things they needed to do. It was a normal conversation for them. However it wasn't long until Azula stepped on kids sand castle, scaring them off. This earned scolding from Kira as she turned to see Ty Lee getting flirted with. A small part of her felt a little... jealous... However, Azula pulled her close and all emotions towards Ty Lee passed away as she looked at her girlfriend with a grin.

Laying back to tan, Kira looked at her girlfriend who was avidly watching a game of volleyball. She smiled slightly as Azula paid close attention. "Hey, beach bums, we're playing next. Ty Lee, get over here now." Ty Lee walked up to Azula on her hands while Kira joined Azula's right hand side. Approaching the court, Zuko dramatically threw off his overshirt, making Kira roll her eyes. Moving to huddle, she listened to Azula's instructions. "See that girl with the silly pigtails? When she runs towards the hall there's just the slightest hesitation of her left foot. I'm willing to bet a childhood injury has weakened her. Keep serving the ball to her left and we'll destroy her and the rest of her team. Dismissed." The group parted to their spots, heeding the directions Azula gave. Azula always paid attention with the little details.

Kira thought it was hot. She played volleyball fantastic, but a part of her wanted to watch Azula play. It wasn't long before her girlfriend ended up going overboard, setting the net on fire. Rubbing her temples, she listened to Azula boasting. "Yes! We have defeated you for all time. You will never rise fr the ashes of your shame and humiliation. Well that was fun." Her voice went from harsh to calm within seconds.

Kira laughed softly, swinging an arm around Azula. She was about to say something until two boys approached the group. "I'm having a party tonight. You should come by." He invited Ty Lee, and she accepted. The other boy then proceeded to invite Mai and Kira too. Kira looked over at Zuko and Azula in confusion. Why did they ignore them? Well, Zuko, she tries to ignore. But, Azula? She is such a radiant force. Though... She did just destroy a game of volleyball.

Upset, Kira quickly went to respond. Yet, Azula stopped her by gently placing a hand on Kira's shoulder. "Uh, what about me and my brother? Aren't you going to invite us? You don't know who we are, do you?" Azula questioned with a raised brow. She was utterly surprised.

The boys scoffed in response as they looked down at her. No boy has ever looked down on Azula. "Don't you know who we are? We're Chan and Ruon-Jian." They countered. Which, by the way, was fair since they were apparently big on the beach. It was a different turf now.

Azula stuck her arm out, stopping Zuko from escalating the situation. He tended to be a hothead at times and Azula thought it was cool that they didn't know who she was. "You know what? Fine, you can be invited, too. Just so you know, though, some of the most important teenagers in the Fire Nation will be at this party. So, basically, try and act normal." His words were more for Zuko since they didn't pay attention to Azula setting the volleyball net on fire earlier. They only watched Ty Lee, Mai, and Kira.

A sinister smirk was on Azula's face as she nodded at them. "We'll do our best." She confirmed before turning away from them, leaving them to do whatever as she left her group away.