EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

The days were brighter now and the birds were chirping loudly as Ty Lee entered Kira's room with a knock. She smiled at her best friend, sitting next to her on the bed. "Come on, Kira, we need to go see Prince Zuko get coronated." Ty smiled, clad in Kyoshi Warrior make up. Kira wasn't in prison for sticking with Azula, Zuko made sure of it. He knew where her heart was and he knew what love was like and couldn't blame her for it. Kira nodded slowly as Ty Lee led her to where the ceremony was being held. Kira felt out of place but with a simple smile from Katara, she felt better. Maybe this wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be. Now, Kira could move on and maybe find a new home in someone else. First, she was going to have to get over Azula though. Which wasn't going to be easy.

Of course, she still loved the Princess. Nothing could change that and Azula would always be in her heart. However, they were fourteen and not ready for the love they shared. They were young and acted prematurely. Maybe one day, if Azula got better and released, they could make it work. For now though, and for the first time since she ended up in the Fire Nation, Kira wasn't going to worry about Azula. She was going to focus on herself and her personal growth. She needed to grow up and be a kid, for now. She still had four more years to do so.

Zuko kept her as his Lady in Waiting, so she stood on stage with the sages as they performed his coronation, but before he was coronated, he walked out to the crowd. Cheering was everywhere and everyone from different nations who fought in the war was there. Zuko held up his hand. "No, please. the real hero is the Avatar." More applause was heard as citizens and war heroes cheered for a twelve year old boy who restored balance to the world not by being violent, but finding a peaceful solution to fight the Firelord.

"Today, this war is finally over!" Zuko announced to the crowd creating excited yells and cheers from the majority of the crowd. It was the dark of a jew era and everyone knew this and felt relieve about this known fact. "I promised my uncle that I would restore the honor of the Fire Nation and I will. The road ahead of us is challenging. A hundred years of fighting has left the world scarred and divided. But, with the Avatar's help, we can get it back in the right path, and begin a new era of love and peace."

As Zuko confcluddd, the sages came forth, presenting the crown. They place it upon Zuko and the new Firelord stood proudly. Years of restoring his honor has led to this and now he would restore an honor much bigger than his own. "All hail, Firelord Zuko!" The sage announced and the crowd cheered as Zuko and Aang stood in front of them proudly. They were the nations knew heroes and peace givers and they were going to build a new nation of peace and prosperity together. This, Kira was certain of. Zuko seemed much happier than he was a few weeks earlier.

After the ceremony, Kira made her way to visit Azula. She looked at the girl who dared not utter a word. "Azula, you may not understand my betrayal now, but let me say this... I love you and you were in pain. I couldn't stand beside the person I love while she hurt herself anymore. You may never speak to me again, but please know I love you." Kira said softly, met with no response. This caused a tear to escape Kira, but a hand was gently placed on her shoulder. There stood Mai who pulled the girl in her arms.

After comforting Kira, she took Kira to the Jasmine Dragon where Mai's- I mean, their friends were celebrating the end of the war. Each person greeted Kira and that's when Kira felt it. Her home was restored.

SHORT I KNOW.        I won't lie, I didn't
know how to end this. I know that is pretty
obvious but I'm still hoping you enjoyed the
ending. I love you all and please join me at
Beifong, a Korra fanfiction.