CHAPTER SIXTEEN

/ as this story comes to an end, i will post
more  of my works  so  you can all see  the
different fandoms i write for. 💞

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Decaying

Kira felt like her head was going to explode. They set a raid towards an ancient air temple, resulting in no capture of Prince Zuko. She was also still wrapping her head around the fact that Mai and Ty Lee betrayed them. "Azula always lies. Azula always lies. Azula always lies." It was Zuko. When he was younger, that's what he would always tell Kira, but she never believe him.

The door opened and Azula was revealed. Kira looked at her, standing up from her bed quickly. Pulling Kira close, Azula kissed her cheek. "You know, there's a play going on in Ember Island. Would you like to be my date for opening night?" Kira couldn't say no. Ever since they got back, Azula had been scarier. Kira felt like Azula's prisoner. She was frightened. "Come on, Kira, you're all I have left." It sounded so innocent, but it wasn't. Azula was doing this thing where she wanted Kira to feel bad for her and then Azula always ends up hurting her.

Of course, Azula isn't trying to be abusive, but with all the things happening, she couldn't lose another person. So, she was forcing Kira to stay. Azula took Kira chin into her hand, glaring as she waited for an answer. Kira's blue eyes met Azula's golden ones. Azula was still gentle when she touched Kira. She wasn't going to purposely hurt her. Kira slowly nodded. "I would love to go with you, Princess Azula." Kira stated making Azula smile and leave the room. Falling onto her bed, Kira cried. This wasn't home anymore and that wasn't Azula. It couldn't be.

That night, she dressed up, going to the play with Azula. She say and watched as Azula criticized the actress that played her. Kira couldn't focus though. She started thinking about Ty Lee and how she was in prison. Of course, she had Mai, but... she must be so scared. Kira knew her best friend well. Blinking at the sound of applause and cheers, Kira soon joined in. "Let's go home." Azula said. Home. Where even was that anymore? It wasn't with her anymore, that's got sure. It wasn't with Azula. Kira hated that it wasn't with her.

———

The day of Azula's coronation as Fire Lord, Kira got dressed up as Lady in Waiting to attend. And, as her loyal girlfriend, though her feelings of home was gone, she was still madly in love with Azula. Azula's father was now know as the Phoenix King, self proclaimed. Now, Azula was going to be Firelord and Kira needed to be happy for her. However, when she saw Azula, worry seemed to fill her. She looked crazy. Her hair was cut and she had dark circles around her eyes. "Azula, my love, are you ready?" She knew that it was best not to question it.

Azula was on the brink and it was Kira's job to try to pull her back from the edge. She was going to do the best she could to be there for Azula when it was obvious no one else was going to be. Not even Ozai was planing to show up to her coronation. This was obvious since he departed earlier. Azula was grateful that Kira stayed. Everyone else left her. It started with her mother and ended with her father. She felt alone, but at least she had Kira. As soon as she removed Sozin's law, she was going to marry her. She didn't care of their young ages.

Five men surrounded Azula as Kira stood in front of her. The man in a darker cloak held up the crown that would soon be Azula's. "By decree of Phoenix King Ozai, I now crown you Firelord..." The man got distracted as the avatar's sky bison landed, agitating Azula who was already going through a mental breakdown. Kira rubbed her temples. It couldn't be going worse. Everything seemed to be falling apart and she knew a fight was about to ensue and she wasn't going to be able to side with Azula.

Zuko stood up on the bison's head. He looked so regal up there. The true Firelord. Kira rushed to Azula's side, preparing mentally to fight with Azula, though she wished she didn't have to. She wished Azula gave up and that they could live a normal and happy life together. "Sorry, but you're not going to become Firelord today." Zuko announced as he jumped from the bison. "I am." He declared, narrowing his eyes at Azula.

Kira knew that she snapped when she heard Azula's laugh. It sounded downright crazy. It sent chills through her. "You're hilarious." Azula claimed.

The waterbender that was with Zuko stood beside him. She clenched her fists, ready to fight Kira and Azula head on. "And you're going down." Katara growled, getting into a fighting position. Zuko did too, followed by Kira. She had to stay loyal. She was the only one that was going to be able to. Everyone else left her and Kira could not be one of them. she refused to be one of them. But this fighting... it was getting to be too much for her. She couldn't take it anymore. It hurt too much.

Azula scoffed, standing up. She knew Zuko would try to compete for the crown, like he had a chance. "Wait. You want to be Firelord? Fine, let's settle this. Just you and me, brother, the showdown that was always meant to be. Agni kai!" Kira gasped, pinching the bridge of her nose, stressed. Katara realized this and felt pity for the girl. She could feel the stress radiating off of Kira. A huge part of her wanted to help her. However, this was war and she chose the wrong side. Or, at least, that's what it seemed like.

Zuko growled, sighing. Azula was right. This was always meant to be. "You're on." He accepted, causing Katara to look at him in worry. Azula smirked as Katara and Zuko whispered to each other. Kira knew not to get between the Agni Kai.

Going to the courtyard, the two prepared themselves while Kira and Katara watched on the sidelines. Azula turned sloppily, as if she was drunk as she dropped her cloak. "I'm sorry it has to end this way brother." She wasn't though. She threw the first punch before her flames was met with his. Then, the fight really began.

Kira walked over to Katara. Katara got ready to fight but Kira held her hands up in defense. "She needs help. She's not okay. Something happened between the Boiling Rock and now and I don't know what. If it's just you and her, please don't hurt her." Kira said, earning a nod from Katara. "I am loyal but I can no longer stand by and watch her destroy herself. And, I can't watch the Fire Nation destroy the world." Kira stated as orange and blue continued to flash in her vision. The sight was beautiful but dangerous. Zuko began teasing her about lighting and this is where Katara was targeted.

Kira moved Katara away but Zuko the lightening in still, redirecting it through him, not knowing Katara had been moved. Now, Kira was forced to fight Azula who came at Katara and her with a manic laugh. The two girls combined their waterbending, fighting alongside each other. Then, the made a plan, taking her down together. Locking her in some chain. Lightning shot everywhere as the girl's laughs turned into cries. "But, why, Kira?"

Kira sighed, looking at Katara who placed a hand on her shoulder. "Because you're sick and you need help. I love you but you need help." Kira said as Katara went to heal Zuko. It was successful as Kira joined Katara. Zuko smiled sadly at Kira as Azula began to spit blue flames and sob. She was completely broken. But, the war was finally won.