CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX
Tracking the Avatar

Kira tiredly put her head on Azula's lap. They were waiting to stop. They were following the avatar, tracking him by the flying bison's fur. Mai smirked at the action that caused Azula to softly cup her cheek. However, Ty Lee frowned at the action. She liked Kira since they were young, and she thought when they were reunited one day, she'd have a chance. Yet, that plan wasn't likely to work since Azula and Kira seemed to be close. Azula looked up to see the smirk on Mai's face. She rolled her eyes, glaring at the girl who was often devoid of emotion. "What, Mai?" She questioned.

Mai gave a simple shrug as she shook her head. "Nothing, it just seems like you two are more than friends. Despite you both denying it. You know Ty Lee and I won't judge. In fact, I for one would be happy to see you finally with someone who treats you good and Kira deserves someone who treats her like how everyone treats you. Like a princess." Mai said, crossing her arms as she leaned back. They napped earlier so they would be awake for this, but Kira had trouble falling asleep.

A scoff escaped Azula's lips as she looked down at Kira. She smiled for a moment before returning her glance to Mai. "Of course, I treat her like a princess. We both like each other, we're just not official. We kissed, though." Azula said nonchalantly, looking at Ty Lee who was obviously upset. Azula just smirked,
knowing Ty Lee couldn't have her. Especially because she was Azula's. Not that she did belong to anyone but still. Azula practically claimed her and Kira let it happen, in a way. Though, she didn't belong to anyone, still. It was like a mutual understanding that they were basically girlfriends.

Before Mai could respond, they felt the military tank-like vehicle halt to a stop. Azula woke up Kira, hopping onto her mongoose lizard, having Kira hold onto her as they moved out of the vehicle and towards the avatar. Kira held onto Azula's waist, her chin of her shoulder. "I don't mind waking up if I still get to be close to you." Kira whispered into Azula's ear, making the girl blush as they avoided rocks. Kira watched as a wall of rocks formed around them and Azula sent lightning into it, exploding the wall quickly.

As soon as they rushed through the dust and debris, Mai sent areas towards an earth bending girl they've never seen before. Azula sent her blue flames into the air as the avatar and his team escaped them. Azula glared into the sky, leaning back into Kira for a moment before they turned their lizards around and back into the tank. "Let's rest, ladies. The sun is starting to rise." Azula stated as she girl made it back into the tank. Mai and Ty Lee nodded as Azula helped Kira off the mongoose lizard.

However, it didn't take long for them to wake back up due to find the avatar's trail again. It was perfect timing because Kira needed more water but as she went to bend some into her pack, she noticed it was littered in fur. She dropped the water in disgust as Azula bent down to examine it. "Wads of wet fur. How delightful." Mai muttered with her classic eye roll. A giggle escaped Kira's lips and it made Mai smile a bit. Kira was like everyone's best friend and the girl everyone felt the need to protect. Kinda like the water bending version of Ty Lee.

Ty Lee examined them wet bison fur that Azula held in her hands. Kira looked on in disgust at the floating fur. "Hm... They're not wads. More like bundles. Or, bunches? It got an 'uh' sound." Ty Lee spoke thoughtfully. Confusion riddled her face before Mai spoke. "Clumps?" The monotone girl rose a brow at Ty Lee. Ty Lee grinned, embracing Mai. "Clumps! They're clumps!" Ty Lee announced excitedly as she clung onto the girl. Kira watched on with a smile before glancing at Azula. She then returned her gaze to Mai, following Mai's eyes.

Mai seperates herself from Ty Lee, turning around towards Azula. Mai was always very observant and had a feeling she was right. "The trail goes this way." Mai concluded as Azula began to stand up since she was squatting and examining more fur. Kira came next to Azula, joining her side as she looked at Mai and Ty Lee, smiling softly as she crossed her arms. She was always impressed by Mai's observations and how quickly she discovered things. It's one reason she was perfect for the team. However, judging by Azula's face, the Fire Nation Princess has another idea.