Chapter 4 : Feelings

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

I thought 'But don't think I'll be lenient to you.' said by Jace was a phrase that every strict leader used to tell just to portray themselves intimidating but no, I was wrong.

For the past two days, Jace ignored me more than he ever did in the last two years and behaving like we never had a pleasant conversation which we had a few days ago.

I told everything to Louise after the conversation I had with Jace and when I finished, she was smiling like a maniac and instead of complaining about his attitude, she said. "I'd ship you with Jace if he's not the father of my baby."

"I wouldn't let you ship me with Jace even if he's not the father of your fictional baby." I retorted.
----

Holding my books tightly, I descended the stairs and ran towards the empty hallway as I was already seven minutes late for my maths class. Mr.Dunne would definitely humiliate me in front of the whole class if I said some lame excuses for being late. Again.

When I turned to the left side, my chest collided with a large, tall figure which made my books drop to the floor as my butt hit the floor with a loud thud.

Ouch!

I looked at my scattered books laying on the floor and about to bark at the person who was bending down and taking his belongings he dropped but when I realized he was none other than Samuel, I gasped inaudibly.

"Are you blind!?" he roared, looking down at me and I flinched by his words. When I didn't reply anything, he started to walk past me without lending me a hand.

I sighed and furrowed my eyebrows when my eyes caught something unfamiliar lying on the floor and I grabbed it as I assumed it might be his stuff. It was a black coloured case of his reading glasses.

"Wait!" I called out and looked at him over my shoulder, still sitting on the floor and he turned around, groaning. "What?"

"Here." I extended the case towards his direction and when he realized, it was his, he slowly approached me and took it back, standing in front of me.

Then, instead of leaving, he fiddled with his case as if he was arguing with himself for something and I didn't bother to stand up as I was too busy in admiring how attractive he was when he was in confusion but suddenly he turned away and walked towards the direction where he came from and in less than no time, he stopped in his tracks and slowly peeked a glance at me over his shoulder and when he saw I was smiling at him, he sighed loudly, turning around again.

He marched towards me and held out his hand at me and tilted his head in a 'take-it-and-stand-up' gesture. I glanced at his palm then at his face as I was trying to process what was I witnessing right now. I gulped before placing my palm on his and his long fingers wrapped it as he got me up in a swift motion which blew up my mini skirt a little.

Trying my best to hide my blush, I brushed the dust away from my knees and was about to take my books from the floor but straightened up myself when I heard his voice.

"Your clumsiness is one of the reasons I hate you." he cringed dramatically and waited for my comeback.

I looked up at him and realized that he was a bit shorter than Jace but still much taller than me.

"I don't care whether you hate me or love me, I still know that you think about me." I blurted out and instantly regretted my words and glanced at him to see his reaction.

He didn't hold any expression for awhile and didn't bother to deny my statement as if I caught him off guard. Then he glanced at his watch and glanced at me back before walking away.