Chapter 24 : Second Best

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

"I hate you so much!!" I screamed at Alex, standing infront of him and blocking the TV screen but he just closed his eyes, leaning his head against the couch.

"I don't care." he opened his eyes and grabbed the remote. "Now stop being the drama queen."

I shot him a glare and picked up the cushion that was laying on the floor and hit his head with it continuously while he was doing nothing to defend himself.

See! Even he too realized that he deserves this for what he has done.

"You moron, I want it. It's mine.. Give it back." I whined and he huffed, grabbing the cushion out of my hand and tossed it somewhere before standing up.

"Jessie, don't act like a kid. It's just a chocolate."

"No, it's not." I fumed. "Spit it out. C'mon SPIT it out." I yelled and he rolled his eyes.

"Jeez, do you want me to puke?"

I frowned at him and pushed his chest hard and he fell on the couch. "Chocolate-stealer."

He shrugged and I gritted my teeth deciding not to give in.

"Alexander Woods, I want my dark chocolate back! Right this instant!" I emphasized and his forehead creased in confusion.

"Dark chocolate? I just ate galaxy, Jessie."

Ugh.. this boy is getting on my nerves.

"Don't you dare lie to me Alexander. I saw its wrapper in the dustbin already. I want my dark chocolate back!" I yelled loudly this time and he cringed, covering his ears with his palms.

"Oh God! What's happening?" mom appeared to our view and glared at us. "What's the problem children?"

"Mommy she's being mean." Alex replied innocently and I wanted to kick him on his family jewels because he was pretending to be act like he didn't steal the dark chocolate from my room that Jace had given me and ate it sneakily when I wasn't home.

"Jessie-"

"No mom.. He's the one who ate my chocolate." I complained.

"So?" she asked casually like it wasn't a big deal at all which made Alex smirk victoriously.

"Huh? Mom, are you deaf or something? He stole my dark chocolate and ate-"

"I didn't eat any dark chocolate mom, I swear." he said sincerely, placing his palm on his heart and I gave him a flat look.

"Then where's my chocolate? It got wings and flew away?" I hissed and he shrugged.

"Maybe. Who knows."

I gritted my teeth and grabbed the cushion and about to throw it on him but my mom protested.

"Jessie, wait. Err, are you talking about the purple colour covered chocolate which had nuts in it?" she asked and I nodded instantly.

"Yes mom! Yes! Where's it?"

She smiled sheepishly as she pointed at her stomach. "Oops. It's in my tummy. When I went to pick the piles of laundry in your room I saw that chocolate under your bedsheets and it seemed to be yum-yum, so I ate it." she said causally and my mouth fell open while Alex was laughing hysterically, clutching his stomach.

My family is a blessing.

"Don't worry Jessie. I was wrong. It's not that yum-yum. So I took half of it to make chocolate cake and look, I'm working on it." she said enthusiastically, waving her egg beater and headed towards the kitchen leaving me speechless.