Chapter 14 : Stay Away

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

I should stop reading at midnight. I thought as I observed the dark circles under my eyes when I was passing the school bathroom mirror.

Can't I look as flawless as Emma Watson?

I sighed and washed my hands before heading out.

"Hey!" someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around to welcome the oh-so-girlfriend of Jace, Natasha Taylor.

"Hi." I forced out a smile and she stepped closer to me and I got scared because Natasha and I were the only persons in the bathroom right now.

"I'm Jace's girlfriend." she announced and I resisted the urge of rolling my eyes.

I thought you're his boyfriend.

"I know." I said quietly and she stepped even closer to me and now I was leaning against the sink, gripping the counter on either side.

"Why are you coming closer to me?"

"Because I'm gonna kiss you." she deadpanned and I frowned.

"Huh?"

"Listen Jessica.." she sighed.

Oh wow! She knows my name! See how popular I am!

"Jace is mine. Yeah, I get that he's the one who kissed you but that doesn't mean he has feelings for you right?" she asked very gently but I could tell it was fake.

"Yeah I-"

"Let me finish." she interrupted. "I love him so much and he loves me more than I imagine. Do you know how much it hurts when you see your boyfriend kissing some other girl?" she asked and I realized that she had a point.

"I'm sorry. It happened on the spur of the moment. Please don't break up with him because of this."

She stepped back as if she considered about what I said. "I won't unless you promise me that you stay away from him." she said and for some strange reason I didn't want to promise her.

"I promise." I nodded and her lips curled into a big grin as she hugged me tightly.

"Aw thankyou Jessica. I knew that you've feelings only for Sam." she beamed and I hugged her back awkwardly before pulling away.

Yeah, she's right.

Fine. I was lying to myself too but I didn't have any other choices. Either I should have feelings for someone who didn't even acknowledge my presence or I should confess my feelings to someone who wasn't and would not be mine.

"Life is so unfair." I mumbled as I walked past her and left the bathroom.
---

Thirty minutes.

Thirty freaking minutes I was sitting in the car and waiting for Louise to come who was talking with Ryan endlessly, leaning on the car back door.

As my phone's battery was completely dead and had nothing to do, I adjusted the side mirror to get the better view of Louise and Ryan and eavesdropped their conversation.

"You sure?" Ryan asked, holding Louise's hands and she smiled.

"For the hundredth time, Yes. I can come by myself." she sighed and then they both were just looking at each other without speaking anything.

I guess, these guys don't know that time won't wait for them. Pfft.

"Louise.." he whispered.

"Hm?"

"The party is for us." he told and she nodded, giving him a sly smile.

"I know."