Chapter 19 : Consequences

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

Hanging my bag over my shoulder, I headed towards the basketball court in no hurry as I knew I had to wait one hour for Jace.

When I reached there, I saw a crowd formed in the centre of it and some guys who were on their sports jerseys wandering here and there and right away I found Samuel and Jace standing a little far away from the crowd and talking something as usual.

I slowly walked past them, not making them to acknowledge my presence and about to sit on the bleachers but the frown on Natasha's face who was sitting on the bleachers as well, wasn't much welcoming.

Though I sighed, pretending not to care about it and sat down on the bleachers, looking at the direction where the coach was speaking with the newly joined basketball players.

I heard Natasha clearing her throat but I just decided to ignore it eventhough we both were the only ones on the bleachers.

"Jessica!" she called out and I slowly turned around and looked up at her, forcing out a smile.

"Yeah?"

"So.. you're coming with us today?" she asked, twirling the strand of her hair and I gave her a puzzled look.

"Uh, no. I'm going with Jace." I replied and she gave me a flat look.

"Well well, I take this as you forgot that I'm Jace's girlfriend and we mostly spend our time together." she said somehow proudly and I resisted the urge of rolling my eyes.

I didn't reply anything and she didn't bother about it either as she hopped off the bleachers and walked past me only God-knows-where.

I just sighed and wondered what had Jace found in her? Okay.. She has a nice body, attractive, nerd and maybe she was good in bed too but I didn't know why, I didn't like Jace being with Natasha; nor with anyother girls.

Suddenly I saw Samuel walking slowly towards my direction and I pretended not to notice it as I looked down, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear in nervous.

Why am I getting nervous? I should be mad at him, shouldn't I?

Samuel dropped his duffle bag and the school bag on the bleachers and unzipped it, rummaging through it for something.

"Hey! Did you see Natasha?" Samuel spoke and without thinking whether he was talking with me or someone else I looked up at him and he was looking at me, sucking his sports drink bottle.

I gulped audibly as he was looking super hot in the school uniform too. He was a little shorter than Jace but he was much muscular than Jace but still I found Jace more hot lately.

Maybe because Jace wasn't such an arrogant guy like Samuel.

Or because the way Samuel tried to misbehave with me changed my perception.

"She went this way just now." I replied, motioning to the direction where she'd gone and tried not to think more about the hickey as I knew it was a mistake and maybe he would've drunken too at that time.

He slowly nodded and glanced ahead, ruffling his hair and glanced back at me. "By the way, what are you doing here?"

I was a little surprised that he was trying to start a conversation with me. "Err.. I'm just waiting for Jace."

When I saw the confused expression on his face, I added. "He's driving me home today." and he nodded thoughtfully.

"If you wish, I can be your company till you reach home and you know what? I have bike." he offered and I narrowed my eyes at him in confusion instead of jumping up and down in joy.