Chapter 3 : Apologize

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

The first period bell rang but still neither Jace nor principal has arrived.

"Jessie. Look there." Louise hissed, staring down at the hallway window. I moved closer to the window and looked down what it was.

Natasha was splashing water on Samuel's face using her water bottle and he shook his hair like a puppy before chasing Natasha. Before she could run away from him he gripped her small waist and pulled her back to his chest harshly and they both spun around, laughing loudly and he lifted her up a little which made her squeal.

It was happening in the locker room where no one was around except them and they were having fun there without going to their classes and I didn't think anyone would complain about this if they witnessed what I was seeing right now. I pulled the curtain little and turned away from the window.

"Cute."

"Crap."

Louise and I muttered at the same time and we both looked at each other which made her giggle. I wished I could be like Louise.

No crush. No love. No worries.

I understood that my ignorance didn't affect him and he needed only the ignorance from me.

"Guys! Attention!" I heard Jace's voice and I noticed he was waiting impatiently to get our attention, standing between Oliver and a brunette girl.

Now he was in his white sleeved shirt with a blue tie and a pair of blue trousers. His wet hair was unbrushed and he was chewing something on his mouth which I assumed as a bubble gum.

Bubble gum? It's against the rules.

"That gum is so lucky." Louise whispered, drooling over him and I shook my head in disbelief at her.

"What? Even you checked him out too." she shrugged and before I could reply, Jace cleared his throat.

"Uh, I apologize for the delay. I actually met the principal now and he said he couldn't be able to come as he was in a meeting with the students development society. Hey! you." he snapped his fingers at Louise who was standing beside me. "Come to earth."

Everyone turned towards her and she blinked and ducked her head down when some girls started to giggle. I groaned mentally and squeezed the back of Louise's palm before shooting daggers at him.

He doesn't have any rights to insult my bestfriend.

"..today y'all will be having a rehearsal for the upcoming prefects investiture so come to the auditorium now without wasting any time-"

"What about our studies?" a dark curly haired boy asked, interrupting his speech.

"Don't worry about that. I got the permission from the Principal to skip the first three periods only for today." Jace assured and the boy nodded.

"And we will be having some more afterschool classes hereafter as we don't have much time and the teacher in charge of the Prefects board will be handing over the oath to y'all." he told and everyone nodded.

"So, any questions?" he asked, glancing all of us.

Ask Jessie. This is the correct time.