Chapter 22 : Treat

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

After almost ten minutes of walking in the water-covered pathway holding Jace's hand in silence, I stopped walking when Jace stood infront of an unoccupied restaurant and released his hand out of mine which made me whine internally.

The swollen raindrops splattered against the roof awning and I noticed 'Hams & Eggs' engraved on the name board. Jace furled the umbrella while I was shivering in the cold the minute Jace left my hand but sooner he placed his hand on my back loosely and looked down at me. "Let's go."

I nodded at him without asking any questions as he pushed open the glass door, dragging me inside along with him. I glanced around the restaurant and it was empty and looked like an abandoned place though the wooden dining tables and chairs were arranged neatly and the white walls looked newly-painted.

Jace moved to the corner and I followed him behind and sat across him, glancing at the window which were fogged up and hiding the outside view, but for some reason the place had a soothing effect.

Is it a date?

Suddenly his knees touched mine underneath the table, snapping me out of my thoughts and I let out a gasp in surprise while he was looking at the menu card like nothing had happened. I looked down at the table sneakily and noticed our knees were touching each other's due to the small width of our table.

"The tables are narrow." he said looking up from the menu card and I smiled awkwardly.

"Oh." I responded and looked down at my jacket that has soaked by the sudden downpour and the water droplets that were dripping down from it. "I'm wet.."

I mentally facepalmed myself at the choice of my words as Jace chuckled. "That's what she said."

I shot him a fake-glare and he raised his hands a little in surrender and glanced at the counter. "Noah! Wake up! A new customer has arrived!" he shouted like he owned the place and I glanced at the counter where none of the people were working, in confusion.

Out of nowhere, we heard a masculine voice "Coming!" and when I gave a questioning look at Jace, he shrugged nonchalantly. I again glanced back at the counter and saw a good-looking guy approaching us.

"Mornin' lazy bones!" Jace teased at the guy, waving his hand and I noticed his clean-shaven face was frowning at Jace as it was almost time for the dinner.

"Why the hell ar-" he paused and his lazy green eyes slightly widened when his gaze met mine and reluctantly I averted my gaze to Jace who was rolling his eyes at him.

"Focus Noah, focus."

"Woah man, when did you get some balls to get a girl for yourself?" the waiter guy, Noah, smirked and sat on the chair beside Jace and nudged his shoulder.

Weird restaurant and its waiters!

"Huh?" Jace frowned but Noah ignored him as he looked at me with a huge grin on his face, extending his hand towards me.

"I'm Noah, Jace's big brother and his partner in crime." he said and I glanced at Jace wide-eyed as I didn't know he had a big brother but I nodded in acknowledgement when Jace's mouthed at me. "He was my neighbour."

I smiled, shaking my hand with him. "Nice to meet you. I'm Jessica. Jac-"

"Jessica? Oh wow! You know what, I have a huge crush on Jessica Rothe.. Oh sweet Jesus.. I've to watch forever my girl again now." he sighed dreamily, withdrawing my hand and Jace shook his head in disbelief.

"Noah, yo-" Jace was about to say something but Noah punched him on his the shoulder and said. "You proved me wrong man, you have some good taste actually."