Chapter 25 : Gorgerella

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

We took a taxi and reached the hospital in less than no time but I didn't surprise when I saw Jace's car was parked in the parking lot as he might've driven at high speed.

His grandma's eyes were filled with tears as she slowly got down from the taxi with my help and I wrapped my arm around her guiding the way.

"Nothing would've happened to Georgia, grandma." I whispered and she nodded slowly.

"I hope so.. and call me nanny." she told and I smiled at her before looking around at the lobby. We approached the receptionist and I inquired about Georgia and she told me that she was in the ICU which was located in the second floor. I thanked her before making my way towards there along with nanny.

ICU? Oh God, I hope she's okay.

As soon as we stepped into the second floor with the help of elevator, I saw Jace whose backside was facing us and talking with a lady who didn't seem to be a doctor, and Nanny and I slowly approached him.

"Jace? Where's Georgia?" nanny's worried voice was enough to stop whatever conversation Jace was having with the lady and he turned around swiftly and grunted when his eyes met us. He closed his eyes for a moment, exhaling loudly before approaching nanny and held her arms gently.

"Nothing nanny. Relax." he said reassuringly and when nanny looked past him, he motioned to the lady. "She is.. Georgia's drama in-charge teacher. She's the one who called the ambulance."

Where is Alex?

I glanced around the less-crowded hallway but didn't spot that guy.

"Thankyou." nanny mouthed at the teacher and she smiled sweetly back at her. Jace stole a glance at me but his gaze seemed to be cold for some strange reason.

"Well.. did she lose any blood?" nanny asked and the teacher folded her lips, nodding slowly.

"Yeah, a little too much and the reason we called the ambulance was, it didn't stop bleeding after we kept ice-pack too, plus she had passed out on the spot." she explained and nanny gasped, covering her mouth with her hands and when Jace glanced down at his grandma, his jaw clenched and he shot me an icy glare before marching towards me.

"Why the hell did you bring her?" he hissed and I flinched at his tone. "And most importantly, what the hell are you doing here? You told me you gotta go, didn't you?" he snapped and I stared at him open-mouthed as I didn't know why on earth was he snapping at me out of the blue.

When I didn't respond anything he groaned and turned around, facing the wall and ran his fingers through his dark hair. I guess, nanny might've noticed his sudden attitude change as she walked towards our way and slapped his arm as an attempt of making him look at her.

"Is this the way you treat a girl, young man? I thought you've grown up." she rebuked and Jace's eyes met mine for a split second. "And why can't I come here? She's my granddaughter after all." nanny threw her hands in the air and Jace sighed.

"Nanny, But you're a heart patient-"

"That doesn't change the fact that I'm her nanny. I deserve to know what happened to her as much as you do." she argued.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I'm saying th-that doctors were doing their best but haven't said any word till now so what if she.." he gulped audibly and his grandma sighed, rubbing his arm.

"I can understand, son. Don't worry. Nothing that my heart couldn't bear is gonna happen so don't freak out." she comforted his grandson and patted his chest, whispering something to him and he locked his eyes with mine as he nodded slowly.