Chapter 31 : Rehearsal

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

"Guys! I hope y'all are aware that only three more days to go for the talent show." Oliver spoke, standing on the auditorium stage. "So today we're having a rehearsal and I can't say the exact time when it'll be finished but I hope y'all won't mind if you get home a bit late." he said and I was already feeling sleepy as he was talking the same thing since we had gotten into the auditorium.

Besides, I haven't slept enough for the past few days and I could already see the bags under my eyes. The more I cry, the more I become ugly but that thought didn't help my cause as it was really hard not to cry during night times, especially when I was on my time of the month.

I noticed Jace was standing beside the exit door and talking with our prefects' in-charged teacher with a smile on his face.

Why can't I be like him? Why can't I act like not-talking-to-Jace is not so big deal just like he does?

Maybe.. he wasn't acting.

"Let's get started, guys!" Oliver interrupted the train of my thoughts and everyone started to whisper with each other excitedly while I was sitting in the corner seat of the fifth row and observing everyone's actions. Currently, I was regretting the decision my old self made which was applying for the prefectship.

Because I vowed to become a prefect to engage with more people and come out of my comfort zone. But obviously nothing happened according to my wish. I was still an awkward introvert and I was a nobody to most of the people.

Even in the prefects board too, neither the teachers nor the prefects would recommend me to do some special duties such as; reading opening ceremony or vote of thanks in grand occasions, being a head girl for any event and whatnot.

Most of the time, those duties would be given to Gabriella or Leah. But I was completely sure that all of the prefects had gotten a significant role in some occasion except me. Even Louise too had received a chance of standing on the stage and reading a farewell speech for her favourite teacher who was leaving the school, once.

Everyone avoided me and made me feel unwanted since childhood. I thought Jace was an exception. But guess what? I was totally wrong.

And most importantly, If I haven't become a prefect, I surely wouldn't get close to Jace. I would never get to talk to him and I would never fall in love with him. It was all my fault.

This was why I wanted to time travel and change every stupid decisions I made.

When I glanced towards Jace's direction, I noticed he was now talking with a light-blonde haired girl who was leaning on the wall, twirling a strand of hair with her finger. And suddenly Jace chuckled, running his fingers through his hair in a boyish way while she was frowning at him playfully.

I clenched my teeth, staring ahead. Screw those people who called me weak. Because right now no one had no idea how hard I was trying to suppress my sob. Jace didn't seem to be upset as he didn't lose anything other than the spineless girl, who was head over heels in love with him, Jessica Woods.

He still has his bestfriends, his reputation, the happiness and above all, he was participating in the Talent show to get the oh-so-Talent-Tamer award while I was drowning in my own tears.

Eventhough he was the bestfriend of Samuel Collins, I never thought he would hurt me as much as Samuel did. It really hurt when I realized that the person once cared me a lot, suddenly stopped caring about me. I highly doubt that he would've acknowledged my existence these days. I never knew I was this easy to forget.

I could feel my eyes starting to fill with tears and I turned my head towards the wall and blinked my eyes continuously. He never liked me at all; he was such a soft-hearted guy who was being nice to everyone. Not only to me.