chapter 30

seyoung's pov

"yeonjun! i can freaking handle this on my own!" i screamed at yeonjun.

it's my last day of community service today and for the last three days, me, yeonjun and minho's two friends were the only ones who did the community service that the principal punished us with.

"i'm just trying to help." yeonjun said softly while lightly scratching his neck. ugh, now i feel bad for yelling at him.

i sighed, "thank you for your help but really. i can do this on my own and besides, we all have our own stuffs to do." i said and walked away with the plant that i was transferring.

i finished the last plant needed to be transfered and stood up to head to the bathroom to wash up and change my clothes. i also need to put the community service clothes in the faculty room.

as i was washing my hands, i heard faint cries in one of the cubicles, "hello?" i spoke softly, "is anyone else in here?"

i became curious and wanted to open the cubicles one by one but then i realized..

what if it's like in the movies? wherein the main character of a horror movie gets curious and then does things that could harm them? like what i'm going to do now? omg, what if some white lady with long black hair strangles me once i open one of these cubicles–

no, wait what the fuck are you thinking han seyoung?! snap out of it! you're not in a freaking movie for Christ's sake!

after minutes of overthinking and arguing with my soul, i decided to open the cubicles.

"minhee?" i spoke as i saw a girl on the third cubicle, sitting on the covered toilet but head down. i could tell it was minhee since she usually wears colorful hairclips.

the girl looked up and i was shocked, "what the hell, minhee? why the fuck is your face so red and.. wait, have you been crying?!" i shouted out of shock.

she couldn't respond to me. probably out of crying too much so i immediately kneeled and wrapped my arms around her, "shhh, it's okay now. i'm here."

after an hour of comforting and listening to her, she finally calmed down a little bit.

"i mean how could he do this to me?" she said, pain was evident in her. voice slightly cracking.

i sighed, "i told you, minhee. you would just get hurt in the end if you give too much. i mean you two don't have any label–"

i immediately topped myself from talking after making eye to eye contact with minhee with teary eyes again. probably starting to cry again.

"ugh, i'm sorry. you already know i'm not that good in giving advices" i looked up and sighed, "does hyunmin know?"

she shook her head, i frowned, "why didn't you bother to tell us? i thought we were sisters." i still felt bad though. why didn't she open up to us?

"it's because i was embarrassed to face you both. i proudly bragged about my relationship with him but in the end.." she couldn't finish her sentence and started sobbing.

"it's okay, i understand. you don't need to explain right now. i'll listen to you some other time. please just stop crying. it breaks my heart seeing you in pain" i said as i patted her back.

"let's go now. i need still need to return things in the faculty room." i said and she nodded.

"wait, i'll retouch my makeup first. i can't let people see my face right now." she said while opening her bag. i looked at her and laughed.

lmao, even when she's heartbroken, she still worries of how people will think of her.

in the end, we went home together

end of chapter 30