Every exit is an entrance somewhere else

(Zindelo's P.O.V.)
My feet connected to the dirty street as I made my way to Polly's destination. It was sunday so she probably would be at church. Now there is one thing you should know about me. Im not one for praying, going to church or believing in god. Polly used to bring us to church when we were younger. But slowly all of us stopped going with her. I was the first one to stop, even way before the war started. I arrived at the church and stopped before looking over the futures of the building. I walked inside the church and saw aunt Polly light a candle. "Oh dear god" Polly said like she didn't believe I was here in church and I bet she rolled her eyes.

She sighed and shook her heads

She sighed and shook her heads. "Isn't this place a bit too holy for you?" She asked me not even turning around to look at me. "Yes, my feet are burning at the righteousness of this place" I replied sarcastic walking further. I saw her smirk as I got closer. "Come on pray with me. You haven't done that in a while" she said putting her hands together to pray. "Prayer, in my opinion, is an act of doubt, not an act of faith. For if you truly trusted your god's plan, surely you wouldn't pray for anything" I said stepping next to her. "Sonny" she growled, "fine, fine. I'll pray with you" I replied and put my hands together. I listened to Polly's words and waited for her to finish. She was done and the two of us opened our eyes. "So why did you come here?" She asked gathering her stuff, "I came here to invite you for a drink at the Garrison" I told her non-chalantly. She rolled her eyes but she was down to go for a drink.

Me and Aunt Poll arrived at the Garrison and walked inside. It was once again packed inside. Both of us went straight to the private room. I saw my brothers sitting in the chairs and booth. Either reading newspaper or playing card games. I sat beside Tommy and he nodded at me. We started to talk about random stuff. But Tommy and I mostly about business opportunity's. "Bomb!" I heard someone yell from the outside. Before any of us could react a big explosion filled the Garrison. I was thrown out the window. I landed on my back and groaned. My ears were ringing loudly and my vision was blurry. I pushed myself up onto my elbows and looked over at the Garrison. It was up in flames and in some places it had caved in. I pushed myself up further as the ringing in my ears continued on. "Fire! Fire!" I called out to the people around me. I noticed some of them call for help as I got up. I saw John, Arthur and Polly run outside while coughing up smoke. Michael and Finn ran up to us. "Brothers!" Finn yelled, "mum!" Finn yelled. Then my heart stopped. Tommy was still inside. I got up and ran as fast as I could to the Garrison. "Zindelo" Finn called out for me, "take care of the others!" I yelled before sliding down so I wouldn't get crushed under one of the beams. I get up and screamed for my twin his name. No one replied back. I coughed as the smoke burned my lungs from the inside. The heat of the flames made my skin go red. "Thomas!" I yelled through coughs. "Sonny" I heard a soft painfull groan. I turned around and pushed some wooden beams away. "Son" Tommy once again called out with pain. I spotted him underneath a couple of the support beams. I made my way through the burned wood, broken alchol bottles and blown over tables. I arrived near Tommy. I bent down and lifted the wooden support beam up. Tommy groaned as the weight was lifted from his body. "You don't die on my watch, Sarge" I said using his military rank. He scoffed and grabbed my hand. I pulled him up before swinging his arm over my shoulder so he could stand. We started to stumble towards the one place that we could exit. I got him outside and pushed him into Arthur's arm. Before running back inside to get Harry.

(Polly's P.O.V.)
I watched Zindelo run back immediatly to get other people out off the Garrison. One by one he got back with more people, he safed Harry from the flames and even one of the customers dogs. I then saw that the place was about to cave in when he was about to go back inside. "Zindelo" I yelled and grabbed his arm. He turned to look at me. "Its about to cave in". He ignored my plea and ripped his arm out of my grip before running back into the flames. As soon as he was out of sight the place went down. "No!" I screamed and ran forward. "Mom dont!" Michael grabbed a hold of me and told me it was to late. "No" I cried out and fell down to the ground. My heart hurt and filled up with pain. It was the same pain when my children were taken away from me. Everything went silent around us and Michael wrapped his arms around me for comfort.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
All of us looked at the Garrison that was burning down. Some people were throwing water over the flames. Suddenly something moved from the left side of the building. I turned my head to see. It was Zindelo who was limping outside. I smacked John and Arthur to get their attention. They noticed him too and we all ran to him. He had this smirk on his face but it was soon replaced by pain. I raised an eyebrow as he groaned in pain. I quickly held my arms out to catch him when he fell forward. I went down to my knees and held him to my chest. "He inhaled to much smoke" John informed as Zindelo started to breath heavily. "Let's get him to the hospital!" Ada said helping me lift him up.

Published: 28th of December 2020