Neither dead or alive

(Zindelo's P.O.V.)
I groaned in pain as my body was tossed on the dirty ground. I was bruised, bloodied and busted from the torture I went through. The two men laughed before walking back inside. I carefully pushed myself up from the ground. I breathed in the air and I knew I had a cracked or broken rib or it is one of my lungs. I looked around before making my way home. It was painfull for me to walk but I pushed myself through the pain. People all turned their heads to look at what happened to me. Some whispered with each other as well, making up rumors I'll eventually have to deal with later. I started to see black spots and fell against a wall to keep balance so I wouldn't fall flat on my face. I tasted blood in my mouth and spat the disgusting fluid out my mouth. It marked the ground cherry red. Now I knew it was my lungs that where the cause of my lack of breathing. I pushed myself from the wall and limped further to the bettingshop.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I hadn't seen Zindelo all day and it was getting late. But I wasn't the one who was concerned, it was aunt Poll who was. She paced around the shop mumbling to herself. "He'll be fine, Pol" I said to her. "No. I have a feeling Thomas" she replied. God, this woman and her Gypsy gut feeling. This made me just a bit nervous cause her gut is always right. I cleared my throat. "If it makes you feel better, we'll go look for him" I said standing up. John and Arthur followed my lead. But before we could walk outside the door opened. Everyone looked over at the door and we saw someone limp inside. It was Zindelo, his face was covered in blood and he had to hold onto a pillar to not fall over.

"Stop staring at me and get me a fucking chair" he growled at us

"Stop staring at me and get me a fucking chair" he growled at us. John, Polly and Ada got into action. Ada grabbed a needle and thread and some bandages. Polly and John walked towards Zindelo to help him move to a nearby chair. He was carefully seated on the chair and he let out a painfull groan. "I'll do it myself" he said looking up at us as he referred to stitching himself up, "no we're gonna do it" Polly told him as Ada sat down next to him. She started to take his coat and dress shirt off but he didn't want to co-operate. He swatted her hand away. "dracu ', Ada" he snapped in Romani and moved her away from him (Fuck off, Ada). She scoffed and slammed the needle down on the table "then do it your bloody self". Zindelo rolled his eyes and pulled his clothes off revealing his chest. I looked over his wounds as he started stitching them up. Cut's from knives littered his torso, burn marks on his shoulder blades and black and blue bruises scattered around his stomach and hips. I noticed something else. He had what looked like a rope burn around his neck. As he continued taking care of himself I leaned on the table next to him and crossed my arms. "You met Inspector Campbell?" I asked him and stared forward. He didn't answer my question right away. "I got more acquainted with his friends but yes I met him" he simply asnwered and groaned as he stitched another wound. He explained what had happened and why he was beaten up. I knew he hadn't said anything about where the guns where. I just had to look at the state of him. He wasn't dead, but not quite alive either. "Told you to be carefully" Aunt Pol said breaking the silence. He looked at her "yes, thank you" he said with sarcasm lingering in his voice.

(Zindelo's P.O.V.)
I stood up from the chair. "If you need me. I'll be in the Garrison" I said buttoning my dress shirt up. Tommy chuckled at my greediness to go drink even after being so brutally beat up. It's more to show every single person on the street that Im still alive and kicking and no matter how bad I look, I still won't bow down to anyone. As I walked outside my brothers all followed me to the Garrison. I still had a limp in my stride and none of my brothers walked faster or past me, this basically told the rest of the people of Small Heath that I was the boss for today.

We arrived in the Garrison and the atmosphere fell silent. I walked over to the bar and told Harry my order. I could see he wanted to ask what had happened but he stopped once he saw my glare. I grabbed the bottle of rum and walked to the private room. I sat down and opened the bottle. "So did you kill them?" Arthur asked after I handed him his glass. "Campbell's men?" I asked looking up at him and he nodded in responce. I shook my head "no". Arthur gave me a confused look because normally I would instantly kill someone who tortured me. "Revenge is a dish best served cold, Arthur. I'll have my sweet revenge, soon enough" I said unbothered "And the last thing they will see is my pretty smile as I rip them apart" I said shrugging my shoulders.

I smirked when my mind wandered to the things I could and will do to the men that tortured me

I smirked when my mind wandered to the things I could and will do to the men that tortured me. "That's the Zindelo we know. The one who will always get his way" John said and chuckled before taking a drink.

Published: 12th of December 2020