Paradise in hell

(Zindelo's P.O.V.)
My hands were cuffed infront of me while I was being escorted to my prison cell. Four police officers where walking with me. Brother dearest had advised them to handcuff me and escort me with atleast 4 men. Soft whispering occured around me as I walked past the other cell doors. We arrived at my cell and I was roughly pushed inside, bdfore the door was closed. I chuckled, of course they wouldn't remove my handcuffs. Atleast the cuffs are in front of me. I walked around and went ahead and inspected my cell. The walls had small cracks, the window had iron bars and there was a wooden bed with the thinnest matras you can think off. I scoffed "a paradise in hell". As the daylight began to slowly drain out of my cell, I leaned my head against the almost none excitened pillow. As I fell asleep my brain began to work up a plan. It would be the greatest escape in all of fucking England.

Next morning

My eyes opened as I heard multiple footsteps make their way across the tiled floor of Small Heath prison and they stopped in front of my door. "Shelby! Against the wall" came the ordering voice of one of the police officers. I sat up and folded my hands together and stared at the ground. "Wall! Now!" He screamed. I chuckled and stood up to face the wall while the handcuffs and chains jingled. I heard the door go open with lots of noise. I was allowed to turn around and saw Thomas stand infront of me. Silence filled the room and I walked back to my bed and sat down. "Nice place, dont you think?" I asked him and motioned to the room. "Moss told me, that you're hanging was moved forward" Tommy said looking down at me, "Its better than fucking France" I said answering my question and ignoring his eyes while looking around the room. "You hang tonight, Zindelo

 "You hang tonight, Zindelo

I turned to look at him. I scoffed and shook my head before looking at him with dark eyes "Oh. But thats where you're wrong, brother" I said and slowly stood up and moved towards him in a stalking matter. "My noose may already hang from the ceiling. But I will not say in the bleak midwinter. Cause I aint dying tonight" and a sinister look was eritten across my face. "You have to do way fucking better than a simple fucking noose to kill me" I growled at him. He chuckled and turned around "see you in Hell, brother".

That night

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as I walked through the hall towards my death. But time stopped when I saw the noose hang, it was almost inviting. I was pushed forward, my hands still bound in the handcuffs. I felt the rope from the noose graze my skin as it was tightened. I was again reminded why I was sentenced to hang by the officer after that a preacher called upon god and his angels to guide me to heaven. I closed my eyes and whispered "and they'll say in the bleak midwinter".

Published: 25 of February 2021