The reflection of a light

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I watched the horse and carriage stop in the field. Johnny-dogs got down and untied the horse before guiding it away from the carriage. I watched as each of my family placed a wooden log, twig or stick around the carriage. "You're not honoring his wish of how to be burried. He'll be restless for eternity" Pol said walking up to me. I chuckled at her "be glad that I agreed on giving him a funeral at all. A traitor like him doesn't deserve one". "He'll haunt us all, Thomas" She warned me before placing her own wood on the carriage. From the corner of my eye I watched a car roll up to the funeral sight. Out came Mr Campbell and I watched him walk up to us. Poll scoffing behind me. "As you can see, my brother, Zindelo Shelby is dead" I told him gesturing around me. Campbell chuckled as he walked up to the carriage to look inside "I always thought you gypsies burned your people openly in the carriage. Not in a body bag". I ignored his question "we took care of your biggest problems, Inspector. You actually came here to terminate my brother. The guns that where stolen was just an extra cover up". Campbell turned to me, intruiged "you think I was here for your brother?". "He's the most deadliest Sniper in England. Either you got order to kill him or get him on your side. Now I think you choose the second one. You never where able to do the dirty work" I told him, "But my brother always wanted more power than he could chew. So he stepped to you, thinking that if he gave you information about my operation that you'll forfet your order of killing him and let him go free. But you told him that the only way you would leave him alone, is if he would kill his brothers". Mr Campbell was suprised when I had told him his situation. "Zindelo told me after we beat it out of him". "Took you a while then. Before he spoke" he replied, "why do you think we put him in a bodybag?". With that Campbell left the funeral. Arthur soon stepped beside me as the carriage got set to flames. "Where is his sniper rifle?" Arthur questioned about Zindelo's firearm. From the corner of my eye I could see a glint of light coming from the woods behind him. Like a light that reflected from the scope of a sniper rifle. "Don't worry. It's with it's rightfull owner" I calmly told him.

Published: 20th september 2022