The Chêne chapelle

A few weeks later - in France

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
There she stood, majestic and proud. Her branches softly swaying back and forth in the wind. The tree called The Chêne chapelle. I walked up to the old tree, that stood steadily against so many and always triumphed. I looked down and saw a simply wooden cross with a name carved into it.

Albert Walsh

I looked down at it and smiled. I criuched down to my knee. Before pulling something from my neck. A dog tag from the war, specifically, Zindelo's dog tag. I held it in my hand and carefully moved my finger over his name. I took a deep sigh and leaned forward and placed the tag around the wooden cross. "Here you go, Sonny. The one placed you wished to be after your death". I stood up and the wind howled. I believed it was Zindelo, saying goodbye again. It was like I could feel him here because of it. With one final nod of my peaked cap to the grave, I turned on my heels to make my way back to the car. Leaving the wooden cross behind so it can watch the sunsets and sunrises come and go and to feel all the season of the year. But most of all to remain forever with the one person he loved. A perfect place for a sinner that the saint will be envious for.

THE END