5. Misconceptions and Assumptions

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
                                                                    𝙎𝙃𝙀 - 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙎𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙨

𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝑫𝒂𝒅,
𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒐 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌.

𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆.

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑺𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒂

Sophia hadn't stopped smiling ever since he had asked her, the only person she'd told was Hermione and even though Hermione was two years younger than her; she felt more comfortable in sharing stuff with her than most of the others in her year. She was sitting in the common room with Angelina, Alicia, Fred, George and Lee all of whom were talking loudly and laughing along while she finished up writing her letter.

"I bet Sophia hasn't got one yet" Alicia's voice reached Sophia's ears, her smile faltered slightly as the others chortled at her comment. Sophia folded the letter and placed it in the pocket of her jacket as she sat up straighter and turned her attention towards her friends.
"What makes you say that?" she asked coolly.
"Have you got eyes for anyone then?" Fred pressed on, he was getting curious by the second because he had to make sure she wasn't going with anyone or he'd have to pay up to Lee Jordan. He he didn't have money to do that and he also knew that getting Sophia wasn't going to be difficult for him but that was something he was now beginning to underestimate.

"What's it to you?" Sophia asked nonchalantly but the others weren't going to stop just right there, they continued to pry.
"So there is someone then," George said with a smirk while Fred waited eagerly for Sophia to answer.

"Is it a boy?"
"What if it's a girl?"

Angelina and Alicia giggled heartily at their own comment. Sophia was beginning to get more annoyed by the passing second and Fred was beginning to grow even more impatient because every time she opened her mouth to speak, one of them would interject and cut her off making her huff loudly and irritably but they paid no mind to it because they were busy making their own assumptions trying to tick her off.
"Or maybe she just hasn't got anyone" Lee Jordan piped up in conclusion, a mocking smirk dawned his face as he glanced at Fred, hopefully, shortly which only Fred saw and nodded his head in agreement. But Sophia had had enough of their nonsense as she got up from the armchair abruptly, making ink splatter on the floor as the others now stopped smiling and looked more serious.

"For your information, I have got someone!" she retorted at Lee, making them all widen their eyes in surprise as she turned her back to walk out of the portrait hole, stopping mid step to turn back to the group that was now staring at her dumbfoundedly.
"And it's a boy!" she said loudly and walked out of the portrait hole to go to the Owlery to send her letter leaving her friends open mouthed. Fred was the first one to recover and let out a dry laugh as though somebody had just cracked a hilarious joke but the others still hadn't recovered fully and they looked at Fred confusedly.

"What's so funny?" George asked his twin who still hadn't stopped laughing.
"Well, she's obviously joking" Fred said but the others were quite sure that Sophia wasn't joking because she rarely had such outbursts.
"I don't think so, mate" said Lee from beside George.