14. The First Mistake

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝘽𝙖𝙙 𝙇𝙞𝙖𝙧 - 𝙎𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙂𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙯

Fred was most annoyed once he returned to Hogwarts, he couldn't stand Sophia's behaviour and he felt even more frustrated than ever. But at the same time he felt too stupid as well, he knew he pushed too far and that he had to go slow. He didn't even understand what made him keep on pushing. Even after everything that was happening, there was no point in backing down now and he knew what he had to do, he would do anything because there was no way that he was going to pay ten Galleons to Lee Jordan. Just like him he knew that his friend wasn't going to back down from a bet, after all Fred was the one who started it and now it was his job to finish it. He, grumpily, lay down in his four-poster bed with one arm resting under his head and the other over his chest.

Lee and George had been questioning him ever since he got back but he hadn't said anything, he just couldn't bring himself to do it so he knew that there was only one way of taking his frustration out, the only way he could think of. He just didn't want to think anymore, he wasn't the type to overthink situations and he wasn't the type to overthink about girls yet Sophia couldn't seem to leave his thoughts.

With a loud sigh, he swung his legs off the bed and followed down the stairs of the dormitory out of the portrait hole and scanned the halls of the castle. He wanted someone new but who? Maybe he could just go back to that Ravenclaw girl, he couldn't even remember her name anymore properly but he knew where to find her. She wasn't that hard to find anyway because turns out she was looking for him too and both of them ended up bumping into each other which led Fred to grabbing her in the closest vacant classroom, sparing no second for any other thoughts to cross his mind.

------

Sophia had given up on trying to relieve herself of any stress because she couldn't seem to and situations wouldn't allow her to do so either. Nothing seemed to be working in her favour and worst of all, were all the things that she had been thinking about. What was wrong with her? She knew that she shouldn't be feeling like this but every time she thought that it was over, every time she thought that there was nothing bad that could happen that would end up making her feel confused just at that moment Fred would decide to do something...just something so frustrating that it was getting harder for her to contain herself. What was he even playing at? What was she even thinking? Fred Weasley, the infamous playboy of Hogwarts would change himself for her? He wouldn't change himself for anyone that's just who he is; rebellious, funny and carefree. He didn't think twice before saying or doing anything, and though all of these were admirable qualities, these were also the qualities that kept on dragging Sophia down a constant spiral.

A spiral she didn't want to give in to and a spiral she wouldn't give in to because boys like him are only sent on earth to break your heart in the most beautifully painful way. In a way that you wouldn't even realise it but also in a way that would be agonising, that would leave you empty for a lifetime and that's not what she wanted. She didn't want that for herself at all.

"Sophia?" Remus's voice sounded, making Sophia snap out of her thoughts and look at her father who had just come out after taking a long bath, he looked tired and Sophia knew it wasn't the age. No. He wasn't even that old but it was the fact that the full moon was closing in and she knew that Remus started to look more and more tired a few days prior to his transformation. Although, it had improved drastically ever since he had started taking the Wolfsbane potion but it was still painful for him all the same. It was even worse for Sophia thinking that she had to spend so much time at Hogwarts while her father went through these horrifying transformations alone every month.
"I'll set the table" she said with a small smile and walked down the stairs with her father following behind her. Remus settled down at the table because just like always Sophia would insist on not wanting him to do anything at all when she was around the house since he always had to do everything on his own while she was away.