6. Amortentia

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙎𝙞𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙙

"For one, it was just a date. Nothing more" Sophia said defensively for the fourth time during that hour, she crossed her arms in front of her chest and saw no way out of the situation she was currently in because she was completely cornered.
"Well, why didn't you tell us then?" Angelina asked with her hands on her hips as she looked at Alicia to back her up making Sophia huff exasperatedly.

"This is exactly why and he was so ni-"
"Oh, c'mon, Lupin. Now you think a git from Slytherin is nice?" Fred interjected heatedly though he didn't care and it wasn't like he had a say in it because he was seen snogging some new girl almost every other week, his comment made Sophia roll her eyes and she was beginning to grow irritable of their nagging. She understood that they were probably speaking in her best interests but none of them knew Montague the way she knew him; they had been Prefects for an entire year now and had only grown close which even she was surprised of at the beginning but then slowly eased into it.
"You're one to talk" she retorted at Fred which caught him off guard and just in that moment the bell for their first period sounded, "and, if you don't mind, I don't want to get late for Potions". She slung her bag over her shoulder and walked out of the Great Hall to go down to the dungeons where Professor Snape was already waiting for them as her fellow house mates along with Hufflepuffs began to file inside the cold dungeon making them draw their robes closer to themselves.

A strange scent or rather scents wafted in the room that none of them had ever smelled in the dungeons before and a cauldron issuing spiral steam rested on Professor Snape's desk as they all began to settle down in their seats.
"Today, we will be brewing Amortentia" Snape spoke in his usual bored tone, "can anyone tell me the properties of Amortentia?"

Sophia's hand immediately shot up like it always did in class so the others didn't even bother to raise theirs and although Snape knew that, he still took his time to look around the class before settling on her like someone was forcing bile down his throat.
"Very well, Miss...Lupin" he said lazily.
"Amortentia is a love potion that causes a powerful obsession and the smell varies based on what the taker likes" Sophia finished confidently but knowing Snape, he had never awarded her points before and wouldn't do so now considering that had it been another teacher, she would have earned ten points straight away.

"Precisely" Snape paused, "perhaps, you can tell us what you smell, Miss Lupin"
Sophia looked flustered and confused for a moment, she was nervous as she didn't exactly know what she would smell and didn't want to embarrass herself especially in front of Fred. Fred? Why does she care about being embarrassed in front of him anyway?

"Er - okay" Sophia said hesitantly and walked to the front of the classrom where the cauldron was placed on Snape's desk, spiral steam emitted from it along with a soft hissing as she stepped closer and the others watched eagerly. She moved her face closer to the cauldron and sniffed. The smell engulfed her senses almost at once and warmed her on the inside which caused a tinge of pink to appear on her cheeks as the others waited for her along with Snape who was raising his eyebrow at her.
"I smell...freshly brewed coffee..." she paused as she was beginning to smell something she had smelled weeks ago, "Honeyduke's...and cinnamon..."

She trailed off inaudibly as she quickly stepped away and made her way back to her seat utterly confused with what she had smelled but not entirely confused, she glanced sideways at Fred who was not too far from her, and fortunately he didn't see her looking at him. She knew where she smelled cinnamon and though she loved Honeyduke's. She realised that she had smelled it close to her quite often, and though the thought seemed to be a bit unsettling, she still pushed it away because she knew that she didn't feel for Fred the way one would assume or the way she would assume. The group made their way out of the heavily scented dungeons, now heading towards the third floor for Defence Against the Dark Arts. They were glad to be out of there but Fred, George and Lee were laughing loudly about something which the girls were unaware of.