12. Another Visitor

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝘿𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚 - 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙚𝙮

"You should go," Sophia said, turning away from the door to face Fred, "George's going to be worried".
"If you really just want me to go then say so plainly," Fred said a bit irritably, folding his arms across his chest.
"Yes, I do. I'll be fine on my own" Sophia retorted, "and besides, everyone will start getting really suspicious about where you disappeared off to"
"Look, your dad asked me to stay and you shouldn't be left alone. And as far as George's concerned, I've already told him" Fred told her knowingly. Sophia looked at him before slowly nodding in assurance as she walked towards the table to get their dishes, leaving behind her and Fred's unfinished bottles of Butterbeer.

The house was peaceful, there was not a single sound. The two teenagers sat on the hearth in the living room, trying to pass their time by playing different Muggle games that Sophia had learnt from her father and was now teaching Fred. The two were having a good laugh as they talked and realised that time had gone by fast, and were soon beginning to yawn as they both got up to head to bed.

"You can sleep in dad's room," Sophia told Fred as they moved towards the upper floor.
"I don't mind sharing your bed," Fred said flirtatiously, making her scoff before she turned around to face him again.
"Why're you staying, anyway? Won't your girls miss you?" she taunted making Fred quirk an eyebrow at her, his smirk beginning to widen.
"I'm sure they can take a night" he replied with a shrug.
"'Oh, Freddie, kiss me'" Sophia teased Fred, puckering up her lips at him and ridiculously mimicking the girl she had heard from the other day. Fred looked clearly taken aback by her behaviour but watched her with amusement all the same with his arms folded across his chest, "Freddie, you're so go-"

The next thing that happened caught Sophia off guard, it was a way of shutting her up but it was also something that he couldn't resist and for a split second she found herself melting into his touch before snapping back to reality almost abruptly as her eyes widened and she pulled away angrily.
"Fred, what the hell!" she exclaimed but Fred was only wiping his lips with his thumb as he shrugged at her, "You're ridiculous"

Sophia huffed exasperatedly and quickly walked away from him to her room, shutting the door behind her loudly. Fred made his way towards Remus's room where he was asked to sleep. Sophia paced around the room frustratingly, running a hand through her hair. Her thoughts were in a frenzy and she didn't understand what had brought the sudden urge in Fred to kiss her like that again, and that too even after knowing that she was already with someone but then again that's just how Fred is, he couldn't care any less. She grumpily sat down on the bed with her head in her hands and took deep breaths. She only lifted her head when she heard a tapping on the window as she turned towards it to find a barn owl carrying a letter. She got up and made her way towards the window to untie the letter from the owl's toe. As soon as she was done, the owl flew back to where it came from as she started to open the letter that was from none other than her boyfriend. She let out another breath which she hadn't realised she was holding in before walking back to her bed and settling down to read the letter.

Dear Sophia,
I was starting to get worried because you didn't reply to my last letter and I was afraid that you were still mad at me but I'll make it up to you once you return. I promise.
I miss you.
- Montague

The girl sighed quietly to herself and placed the letter on the nightstand. She felt bad that she was acting the way she was with Montague and he had done nothing but be caring towards her when no one else was but then this whole situation with Fred had her feeling so confused. She slightly shook her head to get rid of all the thoughts she was having about Fred, she wasn't going to hurt Montague like that and most of all she wasn't going to hurt herself by doing anything stupid like that. She decided to grab some spare parchment and her quill to scribble a reply for Montague but then her eyes landed on Lucifer who was snoozing peacefully in his cage. She smiled at her owl and placed the letter on the nightstand to send it in the morning as she rested her head against the pillows but sleep wasn't at her side today.