24. Dancing Ballerina

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙎𝙬𝙞𝙢 - 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝘼𝙩𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙘

"Sophia?" Hagrid's voice thundered suddenly.

A squeal escaped Sophia's mouth and she grabbed the bottle in one hand, Fred's hand in the other and the two started for the door. Hagrid was apparently stuck and he couldn't rush after them. By the time they were out, Sophia was a laughing mess and Fred was laughing next to her. She had to buck her knees for support, tears were spilling from her eyes and they started walking side by side.
"That was a close one" she said breathlessly after recovering from her fit.
"This really does taste like fire" Fred commented, grimacing slightly after taking a long sip and the two launched into a new fit. The sky was tinging with a hue of orange lining the horizon. Fred and Sophia regained their breath, slightly tumbling in their step but staying close to each other to keep one another supported. The bottle of Firewhiskey was reaching its end and their senses were simmering, a feeling of euphoria was keeping them energetic, adrenaline was coursing through their veins and Sophia felt like it was an endless day; a fearlessly reckless day.

The two sat down at the end of a stile, looking over the view. The sky looked endless and the tallest tower's tip of Hogwarts looked like it was touching the clouds that looked like scattered cotton balls at different intervals. They had to get back sometime soon. Fred's eyes turned towards the girl sitting next to him; an epitome of calmness even with the Firewhiskey buzzing through her. The sun reflected on her skin, giving her a goldish glow on her fair skin, cheeks blotched due to the alcohol flowing through her and her brown her falling on her shoulders like ocean waves. He abruptly turned his head away when he caught himself staring, Sophia didn't seem to be paying attention but then something did catch her attention.

A black shaggy dog was scooting next to her, licking her hand and using its head to lift her hand to pet him. A yelp escaped Sophia's mouth as she stood up abruptly but the dog was clinging on her leg, jumping excitedly. Fred tried to shoo the dog away but it didn't budge. Sophia gave a gasp of realisation, like she recognised.
"Oh my God! Is it you?" she said brightly, kneeling down in front of the dog that gave a bark of delight.
"Who? What-" Fred stammered, not knowing how Sophia was familiar with the dog. The dog continued barking and gestured Sophia and Fred to follow him. Fred had done several things and he loved sneaking out but following a dog especially when he knew they were slightly tipsy was not a good idea at all. And it wouldn't have been a good idea even if he was completely sober.

"Sophia! What is wrong with you?" he hissed, grabbing her hand but she didn't look worried at all, she looked certain, she looked too sure about following the dog.
"Just shut up and follow" she said, her eyes beaming in a way he had never seen before. She released herself and they continued to follow a steep path up the hill, Fred's hands protectively hovered over Sophia, never touching her but making sure she was secure.

At last after losing too much of their breath, panting heavily they reached a cave's mouth and Fred almost jumped in surprise when he saw a grey Hippogriff resting graciously in the corner. The dog had disappeared and instead a familiar man had emerged, robes ragged and hair matted, skinnier than ever.
"Sirius!" Sophia squealed once again, flinging her arms around the man, not caring about him being dirty or ragged. A bark-like laughter left Sirius's mouth as he held onto Sophia just as fondly, he surely was happy to see a face so familiar. Fred stepped forward and shook Sirius's hand, his mouth that was always working was now sealed.
"How are you? What are you doing here and how did you even find us?" Sophia rambled on, just like she did the last time they had met Sirius.
"Well, I saw you two stumbling down the street. Apparently with something that you shouldn't be drinking" Sirius said, his eyes turning to Fred's hand which was thankfully empty.