10. A Place to Be

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙆𝙣𝙚𝙚 𝙎𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙨 - 𝘼𝙧𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙠𝙚𝙮𝙨

Apart from Hogwarts, Sophia's second favourite place was her home; her father's small cottage house. It was comforting and she felt a warmth within it that she couldn't explain, a warmth that she could never get enough of. The house was everything to her since she had spent her entire childhood there, it was out in the countryside so it was always peaceful. The window from her room overlooked the lake that was just a few metres away from their house. Remus and Sophia were both nature-loving people and it could be seen through the blooming flowerbeds that lined either side of the walkway leading up to the cottage, their cottage was old fashioned and wooden on the inside.

The living room held the most comfortable seats and a wooden fireplace rested in the middle, to the far right was a small kitchen outside which they had placed a four-seater table since they didn't get many guests and it was always just the two of them, they didn't need a big table. A flight of stairs led to the upper floor where two bedrooms, a study and a bathroom could be found. Sophia absolutely adored her bedroom; it was white, all white but other things made it colourful such as a small corner which she had dedicated to pictures of different sorts of things that ranged from Muggle bands, scenery, photos of friends, photos of her father or anything that she liked. A shelf in another corner was lined with books and every book was colour coded just like the things on her dressing table as well as the clothes in her closet, she liked being organised. However, the only thing messy was her small study table where Ministry articles on part human laws were scattered, clippings from newspapers and letters from the Ministry of Magic were all lying on top of one another that every time she cleaned up, went back to being messy again.

It had already been a week since Sophia had been at home, she was already done with her homework and realised that it wasn't as much as she had made it out to be. Her father would go to work in the morning and return sometime later in the afternoon or in the evening so in between that, she had enough time to do whatever she liked whether it was studying, cooking, taking a walk by the lake or writing a letter to Montague.

However, there was one other person who she seemed to be thinking about even more so now. And that was another reason why she came home, to clear her mind, to get him off her mind the way she wanted to but she couldn't seem to. Her eyes lit up when she heard the familiar hoot of her barn owl and saw him land on the window with a letter tied to his toe.

"Hello, Lucifer" she greeted sweetly while getting up from her bed to untie the letter, "had an all right journey?"
She earned another soft hoot from Lucifer and smiled at him as he flapped his wings and perched on Sophia's shoulder who was now reading Montague's letter.

Hello love,
I miss you here. I wish I had known sooner, I'm sorry I hadn't been giving you my time properly.
And I-

But Sophia hadn't even bothered to read the entire letter, it contained the same old "I should have known sooner" or "why did you leave?" so she decided to just let it be for a while besides she was at home to ease her mind and not feed into someone's guilt. But it seemed like there was one person who she really wanted to write to and that one person was Fred Weasley, some part of her missed him the part that she didn't want to agree with and though she could have written a letter to him easily, she had decided against it because she didn't want to seem desperate.

"I wish I could write a letter to Fred" she voiced her thoughts to no one in particular but her owl who was still perched on her shoulder, "What do you think, Lucifer?"
Lucifer gave a soft hoot which made Sophia chuckle as he nibbled on her ear.
"Maybe I shouldn't" she sighed and Lucifer flapped his wings, making her look at him in confusion, "Are you leaving?"
Lucifer gave another flap and took off from her shoulder and flew off out of the window as Sophia watched him turn into a speck, and decided to resort downstairs to prepare dinner for her father and herself.