13. Lakeside Conversations

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧                                                                   𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙒𝙚 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙆𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙨

Sophia wasn't one to sleep for too long even if it was a weekend. She got up in time as the sun shone through her windows, she did first things first and tied the letter, she was supposed to send to Montague, to Lucifer's foot earning a contended hoot from him before he departed. She pulled her hair in a bun and left her room to go to the bathroom that was across the hall. After she was done washing her face and brushing her teeth, she made her way to her father's room carrying a small pile of neatly folded robes that were supposed to be placed in his wardrobe. She entered the room as quietly as possible, considering that Fred was still asleep as she walked towards the wardrobe and placed the clothes.

A low grunt sounded from behind her, making her head snap in Fred's direction who was shifting irritably, trying to shield his eyes from the ray of light that was making its way through the small opening of the curtains. Sophia quickly walked towards the window and fixed the curtains, her eyes averted back to Fred when the room was plunged into complete darkness and relaxed when she saw him, now looking more at peace. A small smile tugged at her lips seeing him like that. He looked so calm, his ginger hair was sticking to the pillow in weird angles but he looked tame. Before she could linger in the room more and continue staring at him, she had decided to leave.

She made her way down the stairs to prepare breakfast but first she wanted to grab some coffee and walk to the lake that was just a few feet away from their cottage. The air was full of freshly blooming flowers and the weather was pleasant. The lake was glistening underneath the sun as Sophia walked towards the wooden dock to take a seat in her favourite spot. She loved it here, she loved that she could always come here and find solace, it was a place where she felt like she belonged. She leaned against the pillar and sighed deeply, inhaling the deep scent of coffee that had awoken her senses even more than before.

It couldn't have been more than thirty minutes that Fred's eyes fluttered open too. He usually wasn't one to wake up early but somehow he had woken up before midday and felt fresh probably because he slept early last night, earlier than he had considered or maybe because he hadn't had such a comforting sleep in so long. He let out a wide yawn before pushing his legs out of bed as he made his way towards the window to open the curtains. The view from there was almost breathtaking and that's when he saw her sitting there, leaning against a pillar looking towards the lake. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he made his way towards the bathroom to freshen up before heading down the stairs to get a glass of water. He made his way out of the back door to where Sophia was now sitting, looking very relaxed.

"It's beautiful," he said, looking out at the lake and making her look up at him before turning back to the lake.
"It is" she nodded in agreement and patted the space next to her gesturing Fred to sit down who swiftly obliged, his eyes falling on Sophia before moving back to the lake.
"I've always loved coming home, coming here especially. This place has always brought me comfort and solace. It's like I can see all my worries and all my confusions floating away with the water" she said softly, never moving her eyes. She didn't know where it came from and why she told him that but it happened naturally. Fred listened to her intently and when he didn't answer, she turned to him and let out a small chuckle.

"I'm sorry I just-"
"No, no, I understand you" said Fred making Sophia look back at him.
"You do?" she asked, eagerly waiting for him to explain.
"Yeah actually, as surprising as that may sound" he said with a short laugh, "that's how I feel about Beating. It's like taking out all of my anger and frustration when I have the club in my hand and hit the Bludger as hard as I can"
Sophia nodded in understanding as she watched him, wondering what more could he be hiding behind that bad boy reputation of his, probably a soft side that she had yet to discover. She quickly snapped out of her thoughts when she realised that both of them hadn't had breakfast.