27. Thinking Out Loud

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙉𝙚𝙚𝙙 - 𝙇𝙡𝙤𝙮𝙙

Sophia tried to stifle a yawn as her eyes scanned the words of her Ancient Runes book, that's all she had been dreaming out these past few days. Correction, the past month. Exam season was always bad for her. Well, she studied all year round and still felt like she didn't study enough, it was mostly a not so good trait. Her friends were studying here and there, but it was just that; here and there. They didn't stress out about it the way she did.

The commotion in the Common Room suddenly started to grow louder, she tried to block it out like it wasn't there at all because if she went up to her dormitory then she would have to deal with Angelina and Alicia's titters and constant jabs about always studying. Being in the position she is, you'd think that her friends would probably know her better by now, considering they've spent five years together. But they didn't. They almost acted as if it was the first they had met her and she absolutely hated it.

She rolled her eyes and looked up from the book, her concentration was giving away. She had forced herself to drink up the words, capture them in her brain, but now it was just getting harder. Her eyes travelled around the room, she didn't really have to see to know that the ruckus was growing because of the Weasley twins. Every time the Common Room got out of control, she knew it was the ginger twins causing mischief in the Common Room after they were done with outside.

She shook her head, turning her head back to the book and snapping it shut to reach out for her Potions essay. She didn't understand why she had to take up Potions even though she was really good at it, but she didn't see how that was going to help her in directing up laws on fair treatment of all part-humans and other magical creatures.

Her head was aching, it was almost pounding. She couldn't remember the last time she had slept properly because the time she didn't spend studying, she spent it with Harry or Cedric or Montague. Well, not always Harry but she was spending a lot more time with Cedric and it was going great. They had rekindled their old friendship, and Sophia didn't realise how easy it was to do it. She always thought that if she didn't talk to people or wasn't the way they wanted her to be then they would stop wanting her around. But she was wrong. And Fred was a big example, she still couldn't understand how they started being friends.

She was still unsure though, they were friends but he flirted with her. He still hadn't stop shooting his shots but she had started shrugging them off as just part of his personality. But maybe, it just wasn't that. She liked how he was around her, he listened to her, he wasn't much of a talker but he knew how to make her laugh and, she almost loved it. She thought of what it would be like to be his girlfriend but it wouldn't go too far because she already had someone. Someone who she was finding out more about through Cedric.

The couch sunk next to her and she felt someone rest their head in her laps as she pushed her essay aside and was met with Fred's glittery eyes. She rolled her eyes at him as her other friends crowded around the fireplace, the commotion was dying down and she felt Fred snatch the essay from her. A groan issued from his mouth as he flipped through the pages mindlessly before Sophia snatched them out of his hands.

"How do you even read all this gibberish?" Fred asked incredulously, voice laced with a hint of disgust.
"I'm surprised you even managed to make it to sixth year," Sophia retorted, pushing him off her, making him fall on the hearth as she got up from the couch and assembled her books and notes in a neat pile. She walked towards the girls dormitory without another word, it was only half past three and there was a lot of time left for dinner so she decided to go up to the library to study.