7. Spin The Bottle

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝘿𝙤 𝙄 𝙒𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬 - 𝘼𝙧𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙠𝙚𝙮𝙨

Sophia had been searching the Common Room for Harry while people were already leaving for the stands but there was no sign of him. The task was to start in an hour but she was having no luck in finding him as her friends also started to file out with the other students. Amongst them, George seemed to have noticed Sophia searching as she ran in the opposite direction of where the others were headed. She took off towards the library and George followed after her.

"Oi, Sophia!" he called out to her loudly, taking long strides to catch up to her, making her stop in her tracks at his voice as she took a deep breath.
"What - where are you going? We're supposed to be going that way" George said in a matter of fact tone, pointing at the group of students leaving the castle to go into the grounds.
"George, Harry's not there. I'm looking for him" she said worriedly, she was more than concerned for him. She didn't even know if he was mentally prepared for the Task at hand because she had seen him slacking on it since the past month.

"I'll help you look" George offered, making Sophia nod gratefully, "you look in the library". The two went into opposite directions as Sophia ascended the stairs and reached the completely empty library walking down from aisle to aisle, keeping her eyes open for Harry and there she saw him. The messy haired boy was snoozing rather peacefully on a half open book of spells to use underwater. She breathed a sigh of relief while shaking her head and dashed up to him, instantly jerking him awake making his head dart around in confusion.
"Harry! Only thirty minutes left for the Task to start, come on!" she said, grabbing Harry by the arm and making him stumble in the process as he rubbed his eyes and looked even more alarmed. His face slowly turning paler when Sophia turned around to look at him as they quickly followed their path to the Black Lake.
"Good luck!" she called after him and went to look for George who came from the direction where the Owlery was.
"He was asleep" she told him and watched him shake his head as the two of them made their way to where their friends who were waving at them from the highest seats that they had found.

The wind was piercing in their faces and they wrapped their scarves tightly around themselves to protect from the cold. According to Sophia, there were still thirty minutes left for the contestants to come out and the entire time, she had been standing waiting for Harry to come out but that wasn't the only thing that was worrying her. There hadn't been a sign of Hermione or Ron either, and she knew that they had been with Harry just before he had left the Common Room but before her train of thoughts could continue further someone had leaned in close to her ear, making her heartbeat increase.
"Lupin, maybe you should sit down" Fred's deep voice sounded in her ear, his hot breath was trickling the side of her face as she slightly turned her head to find herself only centimeters from his face and gave a slight nod, sitting down next to him. A smirk settled on Fred's face as Sophia sat there, wringing her hands together. Her mind now seemed to be going down a different chain of thought, she didn't understand why she had been getting so nervous around him lately but he wasn't any less. He had been way too interested in her too as of lately but then again that was Fred Weasley she was thinking about; the boy who had girls all over him.

Sophia slightly turned her head to look at him, all the features that made him different from his twin stood out to her even clearly as she sat close to him. His eyes were bigger and darker, he had more freckles and a dimple appeared on his cheek bone every time he smiled a beaming smile. She may have been looking at him too long because he could feel eyes on himself and turned his face towards her causing her to look away in the other direction as though trying to spot someone in the stands. She seemed to be in a conflict but the better part of her was convinced that there was no reason for her to be in a conflict because she could never be with someone like Fred and Fred would never be with someone like her. They were polar opposites and he liked girls like him; girls who were confident, loud, talkative and not nerdy, laidback or even bossy like Sophia was and besides she had started growing on Graham Montague so even if she did turn to a boy, it would most likely be him.