4. Uncertainties

( My wifey katxblack was nice enough to create a playlist for me for you all to access, thank you bubs! ily <33

and last but not the least, I want to dedicate this chapter to my most special friend riddikulws , happy belated birthday ;  I hope that you'll like it!!  Here's the link for the spotify playlist ENJOY!! xx)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6NtK4EQJbBWYNFHAWsqzXx?si=QxVsrktxSpuHpegsYo7_9Q

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙉𝙤 𝘽𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙨 - 𝘼𝙧𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙠𝙚𝙮𝙨

Twenty fourth of November; the day of the First Task. The four champions were gathered in a tent in the Quidditch Pitch along with the entire students from Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. Every student was buzzing with excitement and was busy supporting their champions and on the other side were Fred and George taking bets. If there was one person who wasn't there, who was missing amongst the crowd of thousands; it was Sophia. It seemed like no one except Fred had paid much attention to that knowledge who was searching his group of friends for her familiar face but there was no sight of her and he knew she wouldn't be sitting with anyone other than her close friend group.

"Have you seen Sophia?" he voiced his curiosity to the friend group that had now begun to settle down in the stands to watch the First Task.
"What have you got to do with her?" Angelina asked, looking at him briefly before turning her back to him.
"It's a bit concerning though. I haven't seen her since morning" Alicia said concernedly, Fred's curiosity was beginning to peak but it was only mere seconds before it vanished like it had never been there as the Task continued and all of them cheered for Cedric; the second last contestant.

Sophia was snoozing softly in the quiet common room. The common room was probably the quietest at that moment as she snuggled up in an armchair in front of the fireplace and continued to sleep; the First Task long forgotten. The week had been particularly stressful for her as she didn't get much sleep with Prefect duties and her studies getting even more difficult and stressful. She hadn't even realised when she had fell asleep in the armchair because she was quite determined to watch the First Task and show her support for both, Cedric and Harry. It wasn't long before the commotion entered the Gryffindor common room and the peacefulness had broken abruptly as they all cheered on Harry who was carrying the Golden Egg. It was only seconds later that Hermione's eyes fell on the figure curled up in the armchair and she realised who it was, shushing everyone as she did so.

"Sophia's sleeping!" she said in an aggressively hushed voice as the commotion died down quickly, "I bet she hasn't slept in ages"
But Sophia was now beginning to shift and her eyes fluttered open to find everyone's attention on her, making her get up abruptly, tumbling in the process making Fred, who was closest to her, to hold her for support but Sophia had already retracted herself and regained balance before he could reach her any further.

"Oh, Harry, congratulations!" she said in sleepy enthusiasm when she noticed Harry holding the Golden Egg, "I'm so sorry, I really wanted to watch you-"
"No, it's all right. Really" Harry said politely with a smile, making Sophia smile at him, she still hadn't recovered fully from her nap and was too sleepy to continue the conversation.
"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow" she said shortly and departed to her dormitory, Fred's eyes followed her till she had closed the door of the dormitory and was gone completely.

The next few days had brought with it a light whiff of excitement and eagerness in the air as winter holidays were closing in and everyone would be returning home. Sophia was particularly looking forward to it since she needed a break and wanted to see her father. These two weeks' break would revamp her energy and replenish her for the finals but as she was contemplating how nice it would be to be going back home that thought was put to pause when she walked in Professor McGonagall's classroom which wasn't just full of seventh years but it seemed like every student from fourth year and above was seated in the room. The tables had been discarded and long benches lined the opposite walls so that the girls and boys divided themselves, and settled down.