11. Unexpected Surprise

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙈𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 - 𝘼𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙖 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚

Sophia sat in bed, reading her book and softly humming to herself waiting for her father to arrive. The sound of flapping wings started to grow louder and Lucifer landed in through the window with a contented hoot, earning a soft giggle from her that soon turned into a surprised expression when she saw the letter tied to his toe.

"Good boy," she cooed at Lucifer, stroking him gently before untying the letter from his toe eagerly to see who had written to her. When she had opened it, her eyes widened in surprise at the name of the recipient.
"Fred sent this?" she asked Lucifer in disbelief who seemed to understand what she was saying and gave another hoot.

The letter wasn't even long, it was short just as she had thought it would be but she smiled nonetheless at his messy handwriting.

I don't know how to start letters but luckily, I found Lucifer outside the window.
I must say it's a bit boring not hearing your annoying voice telling George and me off. To be honest, snogging girls isn't much fun either when you're not there to catch me snogging them.

Sophia rolled her eyes at that followed by a scoff, unable to help the grin that was forming on her face as she continued reading it.

Well, hope you're not annoying your dad too much by telling him off. See you soon (sooner than you think ;) )

- Fred

She rolled her eyes again at the second last sentence as she read it over again and chuckled to herself until her eyes landed again on the last part "sooner than you think". What was that supposed to mean? Surely, Fred wasn't going to show-

A loud crack sounded in the room and a yelp escaped Sophia's lips, making Lucifer fly off aggressively as she leapt back in her bed, and a person materialised in her room. Not just any person. Fred Weasley.

Fred looked around the room and chuckled to himself satisfyingly, he hadn't noticed Sophia sitting on the bed. Still horrified and unable to grasp what was happening as she blinked a couple of times to realise that what she was seeing was not a dream but it was real and the ginger Weasley boy was, in fact, standing in her room, right there in front of her. Fred's nostrils were filled with the familiar fruity, strawberry, scent which was confirmation enough for him to know that he was at the right place.

"Fred, what the hell?" Sophia said loudly, making Fred's head snap in her direction almost instantly, a broad smirk was forming on his face as he looked at her.
"Is this your delighted face?" he joked as Sophia looked at him incredulously, still not fully able to wrap her head around what was happening.
"What are you doing here?" she asked now getting up from the bed to make her way over to him.
"First of all, you should be happy I'm here. Pretty sure even your skunk of a boyfriend didn't think of doing something like this" Fred said rolling his eyes and Sophia gave him a narrow-eyed look, folding her arms across her chest but she frowned because she knew that what Fred was saying wasn't wrong and it was true. And if he could come here then so could Montague but then again not everyone was as smart as Fred to come up with brilliant ideas, and Montague had only spent all the last letters sent to Sophia apologising or writing excuses.

"And second" the ginger-haired boy continued, snapping Sophia out of her thoughts, "how do you know it's me? I could be George".
Before it could go on any further, she had realised that her father would be coming home soon and she wasn't sure how he would react to finding her alone with Fred even though he taught him and everything but she had never talked about boys to her father before.