1. Grumpy Start

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
    𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡'𝙨 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚 - 𝙏𝙝e 𝙉𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙙

Sophia Lyall Lupin, a Gryffindor since birth. Sophia's mother had left her at a very young age and she didn't remember much of her, she didn't try to bring it up with her father either seeing that the conversation turned his mood bitter and she didn't mind not talking about her mother because her father had tried his hardest to give her the best and she wanted to return the favour. Sophia was as ordinary a girl could be, she was hardworking, dedicated and very closed off; she had a few friends and wasn't very popular.

But that all changed in her fifth year when her father had decided to take up the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and that very same year she was made a Gryffindor Prefect, earning herself a spotlight but of course she didn't always need a spotlight to be noticed by everyone. One person in particular who she didn't need a spotlight for to be noticed by was Frederick Gideon Weasley; well known prankster and Hogwarts' playboy. Girls were swooning over him all the time and it was no doubt that he was quite good looking and naturally flirtatious.

Sophia and Fred were people from opposite worlds; Sophia was someone who preferred to be with someone who wanted to settle down with her while Fred was someone who wasn't much for settling down and only wanted to have fun for the time being. Him and Sophia were in the same year so it was only natural for them to talk during classes or in the Common Room or in Sophia's case; telling him and George off for constantly causing havoc in the Common Room until she had decided to give up. That was also when a mischief sparked up in Fred and he was set on getting Sophia, she was the only girl who didn't fall at his feet or didn't give in to his flirting yet he didn't back down. This led him and his best friend, Lee Jordan, to place a bet on her and although Fred might have placed the bet haughtily, it was also then that he realised that for him it was more than just a bet and more than just getting Sophia to fall at his feet.

Present Day

Sophia was starting her sixth year at Hogwarts, her second last year. Things were bound to get tough and expectations were high from her having just received twelve Outstanding O.W.Ls over the summer and to say that her father was proud of her was quite an understatement; he was swelling with pride to say the least and as a gift he had bought her a pet, a barn owl who she decided to name Lucifer.

Sophia entered the Hall with Alicia Spinnet led by Katie Bell and Angelina Johnson as they sat down on the benches for the start of term feast, the din of chatter and laughter filling the Hall seizing almost at once as Professor Dumbledore got to his feet to make the usual pre feast speech and then not long after, introducing their new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Sophia's eyes naturally traveled along the house table and her eyes landed on one particular ginger; Fred Weasley. How she could tell the twins apart was also unknown to her but she found that she could and only kept that to herself since she addressed the ginger twins only using their last name. She hadn't realised how long her eyes had lingered on Fred because George, who was sitting next to him, nudged his elbow lightly and cocked his head in Sophia's direction which caused her to look away immediately while from the corner of her eye she could see Fred wearing a satisfying smirk. Slowly, all of them began to file out of the Great Hall once the Feast was over and Sophia trailed after the sixth year Prefects to guide students and patrol the corridors. She remembered that according to her schedule, she had to patrol every night with Graham Montague who was another Prefect from Slytherin in the same year as her and she found that he wasn't as bad as she assumed and during their time of patrolling had become significantly good friends; sharing a few laughs and stories.