3. Patrol Duties and Rants

(HI GUYS! Just wanted to say that I'd make a Spotify playlist for this book as the chapters progress and add songs accordingly but apparently Spotify doesn't work in my region (forever mad) so I'm really sorry I can't :( because I wanted to make this as convenient as possible. However. I do recommend you all to listen to The Kooks if you haven't already. Hope you all enjoy :) <33 )

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝘽𝙖𝙙 𝙃𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙆𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙨

Hallow'een meant the selection of the three Champions for the Triwizard Tournament. The Great Hall was full of students from Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang; Sophia had just got done with the last of her patrol duties and was heading back to the Great Hall along with fellow Prefects, each departing to their respective house tables while the Gryffindors followed her. She took a seat next to Katie Bell who was animatedly talking to Alicia and Angelina but had stopped abruptly when they saw Sophia sit down next to them and burst into silent giggles making her look at them confusingly.

"What?", Sophia mouthed at the three girls who only shook their heads and continued giggling while Sophia looked at herself to see if there was something wrong but there seemed to be nothing wrong. Her robes were all fine, her hair was okay well it was always tied so she never had to worry about it being messed up then what was the matter? Although Sophia was never one to feel insecure about her appearance, it was of least importance to her especially when it came to how she looked to others. Fred was wearing a satisfying smirk as always as the girls continued to giggle and Sophia's eyes landed on him to give him a narrow eyed look which made him shrug.

Before he could lean in to explain why the other three girls were so giggly, Dumbledore had already gotten to his feet and raised his hand in order to silence the students who were now sitting on the edge of their seats and watching eagerly as all of age seventeen and above waited anxiously and hoped against hope to be selected as one of the Champions from Hogwarts.
"From Beauxbatons we have, Fleur Delacour" Dumbledore announced to the crowd, earning a light applause from the students in the Great Hall. A girl with blonde hair got up from the Ravenclaw and walked towards Dumbledore who directed her to the chamber on the other side of the Staff Table. Then another piece of parchment erupted from the Goblet of Fire that fell into the old Headmaster's hand just like the previous one had as he unfolded it and read the name of the second champion.
"From Durmstrang we have, Viktor Krum!" he said loudly, earning cheers and hollers from the crowd as a surly looking boy, the famous Bulgarian Seeker, got up from the Slytherin table and followed Dumbledore just like Fleur.

Now it was the turn for the last champion, the final champion, from Hogwarts as everyone waited eagerly.
"And our final champion from Hogwarts" Dumbledore paused, beaming at the eager faces, "is CEDRIC DIGGORY!"
If the crowd had been cheering before, it was nothing compared to how loud it was now. Cedric, the handsome seventeen year old, got up from the Hufflepuff table earning several pats and wearing a huge grin walked towards Dumbledore who shook his hand and was directed, like his previous competitors, to the chamber. But just as the cheers began to die down and Dumbledore had turned to the students, the Goblet of Fire erupted with red flares that rose high up in the air illuminating the entire Hall as the others watched with confusion and another piece of parchment fell out that Dumbledore caught midair with his long, wrinkled, fingers and began to read the name. Sophia watched just as her fellow peers did, waiting for the name to be called out as this seemed to be quite a mistake because the Goblet was only supposed to select three champions, not four.

"Harry Potter" Dumbledore called out, Sophia's eyes widened in shock before landing on Harry who was sitting across her next to Seamus and George. George's eyes had widened too as he looked at his brother and Harry began to slump further into his seat.
"HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore called out again but loudly so, the entire Hall had gone silent and no one seemed to be cheering for Harry because this was something they didn't expect and to say the least he was not even of age to join the tournament. Harry went pushing past the crowd and was led into the chamber by Dumbledore like the champions before as everyone now started to get up to get back to their respective common rooms, it was when they had exited the Great Hall that a frantic muttering amongst the students had broken out and it was no doubt that they were all talking about Harry. Sophia, who had always treated Harry nothing less than a little brother, felt bad for him because she knew he would never do such a thing because it was impossible but then again who would?