Chapter 14 - Goodbye

Freezing. That is what I am right now. It seems like the cold water has infiltrated my skin and is chilling me to the bones. I have goosebumps all over, and I'm pretty sure that the other side of the country can hear my clattering teeth.

We are now on our way home from the beach with Grey driving and Roman and I in the backseat. After the Irish twins dumped us in the water, all hell broke loose. I am certain this was the biggest water fight that I was ever a part of and that is saying something once I live with a bunch of hormonal boys.

Because we were not planning on getting wet, no one brought a change of clothes with them nor a towel, so now we are in the car with the heater on full power. We have been on the road for quite a while so the boys' clothes are just a little humid, but with my dripping wet hair, mine are still soaked.

"Come here." Roman's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, his arms opened in a hugging motion. I look at him, my eyebrows furrowed in question.

"Anyone can tell that you are freezing your pretty little ass over there and I don't want you getting sick. I'm already mostly dry so I can warm you up." He explains, sending me a warm smile.

I quickly contemplate his answer in my head. What's the harm? I mean, he is offering warmth and I am chilling in here. Embarrassment be damned because I am not about to pass up this opportunity.

I slowly slide along the backseat until I am next to Rom, our legs touching. He throws an arm over my shoulders and pulls me to his chest while his other hand is rubbing my arm in the hope of warming it up. I lay my head above his heart, and sigh in content, enjoying his warmth.

Being near Roman gives me a sense of peace. His presence is very calming, and as his body heat starts to seep into my skin, sleep starts to creep its way into my brain. His steady heartbeat only adds to my drowsiness and in no time I am falling into a deep abyss.

The last thing I make out before being engulfed by darkness is Grey and Riley smirking at Roman from the front seat. With the last of my consciousness, only one thought pops into my head: Why are they smiling like that?

~~~

Such a peaceful sleep... No memories. No nightmares. Not a single worry. I wish all my periods of sleep were like this. It is just me, myself, and I, floating in the calm deep sea with the tranquil sounds of-

"Lu." A voice whispers. Who the hell is that? Go away weird voice. I want to sleep.

"Luna" A poke. Someone is trying to wake me up. There is only one person insane enough to even think about disturbing my sleep.

"Man, you have a death wish." I hear Greyson's voice say. I can practically see him shake his head with a smile on his face. Smart move, buddy. You know better than to mess with the sleeping dragon.

"Luna" poke "you" poke "have" poke "to" poke "wake-