Chapter 3 - Triplet's day

(Twister's spinning arrow that gives directions above)

"So what do you guys want to do?" Levi asks us as we plop on the brown sofas of our living room. Me and Luc in one and Levi sitting in front of us.

After Xander took off running behind River, they ended up wrestling in the living room and breaking grandma's vase... I think they actually did us a favor 'cause that was one ugly piece of ceramics. As punishment for both the prank and the 'unfortunate' incident, River will have to do everyone's laundry for a week. I am starting to feel sorry for him. Laundry duty in the Hart household is no joke. What would you expect when you live with a bunch of smelly boys?

Xander on the other hand got off lightly, only having to do the washing up for the rest of the week. I have my suspicions that Ezekiel wasn't very fond of that vase either and was glad that he finally had an excuse to get rid of it. Maybe he just kept it around as a sign of respect for our grandparents. Who knows?

We are now trying to decide what we are going to do on our triplet's day. Since it's raining outside we are staying home. There needn't be an argument about it either. Even though they were excited to spend the day out, they know I get antsy when it rains and, being the best brothers in the world, are willing to stay in as long as I am comfortable.

I guess somewhere inside, my brain connects rain and cloudy skies to the accident and therefore a potential repeat of what happened. I can't say I am surprised. All big storms were small once.

"What if each one of us chooses an activity and we do it together?" I suggested looking at them.

"Sounds good to me. I choose a movie marathon. We can do it last because it isn't a tiring activity and we will be exhausted by the end of the day" Luc suggests from beside me with a boyish grin. I swear this boy loves movies more than me.

He is one of those people whose bedroom walls have no free space due to film posters. He isn't picky either. He likes all genres as long as the movies are well-produced but his favorite is horror, just like the rest of our brothers. Me however...

"Yeah, I second that" my other brother agrees.

"I don't mind watching a movie but please don't choose horror..." I plead in a small voice with puppy dog eyes twinkling up at him.

"Worry not my lady, I shall protect you!" He says dramatically while getting up off the sofa and doing a deep bow.

I giggle at his playfulness and turn to look to Levi who is watching the scene unfold with amused eyes. I ask him what activity he had in mind and his response had me doing a happy dance in my mind.

"If you guys are good with it I would like to play Monopoly" he said, looking at us evilly. Monopoly is easily my second favorite game of all time, following Twister closely behind. Nothing can beat its awesomeness.

There is just something so refreshing about seeing all my brothers getting along while playing this game... who am I kidding I just like to have a good laugh by seeing their giant limbs tangled with each other and the uncomfortable positions they are in, while I sit on the couch with a smug look on my face and spin the arrow to give them directions.