Chapter 7 - Knight in shining armor

I make my way through the busy corridors, trying to find my Math classroom. Why am I so short? I can barely see the numbers of the doors with these many people blocking my view.

As I look down to re-check my classroom number again on my schedule, I bump into a hard surface. I let out an "Oof" but before I can fall on my but, two hands grab tightly onto my shoulders. I look up and freeze. Standing in front of me is the captain of the lacrosse team a.k.a one of my biggest bullies. Cole.

"Well, well, well... Look what we have here. I gotta say, for a freak you got a nice body. Wanna share?" he says, lust burning in his eyes as he rakes me up and down, his gaze lingering on my naked legs. I try to get away from him, but his hold on my shoulders tightens painfully, making me release a whimper. Students look at us but do nothing to intervene. The girls smirk at the scene, jealousy getting the best of them, while the guys are too afraid to go against one of the most popular people in the school.

"Ohh where are you going? Don't you wanna have some fun? I certainly do." He says with a wicked smirk, his eyes dark. I let out a yelp as one of his hands squeeze my butt cheek roughly while the other is still holding me in place. I start to panic as I fight him with all my strength but to no avail. He towers over me at 6 feet, and his body is very muscular due to all his lacrosse workouts, making it a perfect cage with no escape.

"Unless you want to look a panda and have your bones rearranged, I suggest you let go of her right now." a menacing, low voice says from behind me, one I would recognize anywhere. In front of me, my bully's face blanches, and his arrogant smirk is wiped off his face. Not even he would dare go against my knight in shining armor.

Suddenly, he takes his hands off of me, as if touching burning coals, and walks away, but not before shooting a glare at my savior. I sight in relief, my quick breathing slowly coming back to normal. I turn around and hug the leaving daylights out of him, taking him by surprise.

"Thanks, Griff." I mumble into his muscular chest. His strong arms wrap around my shoulders, safety and protectiveness radiating from his soothing embrace.

"No problem, Trouble" He answers in his deep voice, the corner of his lips lifting slightly as we break apart. People around us look at him as if he just sprouted another head, no doubt from seeing the second most intimidating person in the school almost smile. The first being my dearest brother Alexander.

"When are you going to stop calling me those weird nicknames?" I groan up at him, only for a small smirk to appear on his handsome face.

"When are you going to stop being yourself, Trouble?" he questions back at me, his smirk widening a little.

"Never?" I answer, sounding more like a question. I tilt my head to the side, eyeing him curiously. What did this have to do with anything?

"Exactly." he gives me a pointed look as if to say that's-exactly-why. I just give him a deadpan one in return, knowing there was no way I was going to win this argument. I then remember what I was doing before bumping into Cole and look up at Griffin.

"Hey, do you by any chance know where the Maths class is this year? I can't find it" I ask him. He grumbled something under his breath that sounded a lot like 'shortie' making me glare at him. He casually puts his hands up in surrender mode before actually answering my question.