Chapter 10 - Endless arguing

"So... What do you have to tell me?" Alex questions again, looking up from his phone. When his eyes land on me, he does a double-take and narrows his eyes at Griffin. "Why are you carrying my sister?" He questions in an intimidating voice that had me shrinking into myself.

However, it doesn't seem to affect Fin as he looks at him with a blank face, not even the slightest bit worried.

"Coach Mayers was in a bitchy mood and made her run for the whole class, threatening her with two hours of push-ups if she didn't do so. Halfway through, she couldn't keep going, and her nose started bleeding before she passed out. We took her to the infirmary and are now on our way to your car. Her legs are killing her, so I'm giving her a piggy-back ride." Griffin says bluntly, making my triplets and I facepalm at the same time. He looks unbothered and just shrugs his shoulders in response.

"That was creepy..." Pollo remarks, referring to our simultaneous facepalming.

Meanwhile, Xander is still looking at Fin with an eyebrow raised " I'm not sure if I should like you 'cause you helped my sister, or hate you 'cause you don't even seem intimidated by me." He said, talking more to himself.

I think he only processed now what Griffin told him, judging from his furrowed eyebrows and the concerned look directed at me. He looked me over, making sure there was no sign of injury before finally speaking. "I'm gonna kill that bitch!" He hissed like a venomous serpent, his hands coiling into fists.

I feel Griff's hold on my legs tighten and see his jaw clench. I sense the muscles of his back tensing before he speaks in a deadly tone " I'll gladly help," he says with a murderous look on his face.

I have to admit that seeing him like this is scary. He has always looked intimidating, but with us, it is like he is a different person. Even though he looks grumpy and has a scowl on his face, he is playful and occasionally will crack a smile. This was more than picking up a fight with a random kid. This was his protective instincts keeking in, and although terrifying, I can't stop the warmth that it brings to my heart, knowing that he cares about me so much that he would risk being expelled.

"Okay, calm down. I know that coach was way out of line and must pay the consequences, but we can't just beat her half to death. Xander, you are old enough to go to prison!" Luca says, gesturing frantically and Alex in the end.

"I'm sorry, Luc, but I'm with Alex and Griff on this one" Levi says to his younger brother, who looks pained that his own triplet would choose someone else's side.

"Whoa there. Luca is right violence is never the solution!" Roman quickly cuts in, holding his hands in front of him as if to physically stop that idea.

"Well, she needs to learn her lesson somehow!" Is Griffin's bitter response, venom sipping from his words as he glowers darkly at Rom. What has gotten into these two?

"Guys, I really don't-" I try to interrupt them, but to no avail. They are too engrossed in being at each other's throats to even acknowledge my attempt at speaking.

"She'll press charges!" Luca counteracts, trying to reason with them, but I can tell that he is also getting frustrated. His own brothers being against him is just another drop of water in the now half-full glass.