Chapter 9 - Piggy-back ride

Luna's P.O.V.

It hurts. My whole body aches, some parts more than others. My lungs feel like they are on fire, and pins and needles are stabbing my legs mercilessly.

As I slowly start to regain my bearings, I take notice of a monstrous headache forming, making me groan in pain. I lift my hand up to rub my temple as if it would help ease the discomfort.

"Luna!?" a voice shouts, making me wince. With a lot of effort, I manage to open my eyes a little coming face to face with Luca's worried eyes. "Thank God you are OK! You had us so worried! Don't ever do that again!" he whispered wholeheartedly, scolding me at the end. His purple eyes are twinkling with unshed tears, making me feel guilty.

I go to apologize only to come short when my throat starts hurting, no doubt scratched from all the heavy breathing I did earlier. Understanding what I needed, Luc quickly grabs a glass of water and holds it up to my lips, helping me drink.

He puts the empty glass down while I clear my throat, cautiously testing it.

"I'm sorry Luc, I didn't mean to scare you guys..." I whisper softly to him, looking down at my hands with a frown on my face. He brought his hand up to my back and began to rub it in soothing circles.

"Don't worry about it. We both know that it was that cranky teacher's fault. You should have seen the way Griffin and Levi were glaring at coach Mayers. You could almost see the lasers being shot out of their eyes." He said, chuckling at the end while shaking his head. Hearing this, I let out a little giggle, immediately regretting it as I feel my lungs contract make me grimace in pain.

I take this small moment of silence between us to look around. I take notice that I am in the nurse's office, laying in the small white bed by the corner. The walls are a warm cream color, making it look less like a hospital, which I really appreciate.

Hearing the sound of a door opening, both Luca and I look to see a very unhappy and frustrated nurse. Following behind her are our friends, the most probable cause of her sour mood. She looks up, seeing that I am awake and sends me a small smile.

She opens her mouth to ask me something when the boys started firing questions, talking over each other.

"Are you okay!?" Riley interrupts her, worry swimming deep within his bright green eyes. I go to answer, only to be interrupted by Roman.

"Does anything hurt?" He asks looking at me with concern written all over his face.

"Of course, something hurts you, nincompoop!" Levi shoots, directing his pent-up anger at his best friend who only lifts his hands up in surrender as a response.

"Did she get a concussion? Why isn't she answering!?" Ry asks, starting to panic. If this boy doesn't calm down he is going to have a panic attack.

"How many fingers can you see?" Apollo buts in, almost stabbing my eyes with the two fingers he was holding up. I slap his hand away, annoyance starting to bubble inside of me.