hairy situation - derek morgan

"Okay so over, under, over, under-hold up they want me to add hair at the same time?"

You smiled as you leaned up against the bathroom door frame, silently watching your husband attempt to French braid your daughter's hair. He had his tablet propped up against mirror that covered the wall behind the bathroom counter, a YouTube tutorial pulled up. His face was scrunched in concentration as he simultaneously focused on what the lady in the video was demonstrating in the video and how he was reconstructing it with your daughter's hair.

"Daddy, you missed a piece," your six year old daughter, Kirsten, giggled, holding up a large chunk in front of her face that had somehow been missed.

Derek sighed, dropping the messy braid and brushing the hair back out with his fingers, "I'll get it right eventually, Kiki, just give me few more tries."

She nodded, before noticing you in the mirror and turning to face you, "Momma! Daddy's doing my hair today!"

"I can see that," you said, with a smile, bending down down to pick up your two year old, Hank, and prop him on your hip, "You sure you don't want me to take over?"

"No, no I got it," Derek scoffed lightly, "So I start with three sections..."

You rolled your eyes playfully, leaving them to get breakfast ready. Kirsten had to be at school in half an hour, and after you had to drop Hank off at daycare before you and Derek headed to Quantico.

"Der, Kiki, breakfast is ready!" You called up the stairs.

Kirsten trotted down the stairs, hair in two sloppy pigtails, with Derek following behind, looking defeated.

You met him at the bottom, wrapping your arms around his waist, "Let me guess? Hair, one, Derek, zero?"

He grumbled and you pecked his lips with a teasing grin, lightening him up a little bit.

"You'll get it eventually," you said, patting him on the back, "In the meantime, at your pigtail skills are exquisite."

"Oh shut up," he joked, giving your butt a little pinch, causing you to squeal.

You helped Hank get spoonfuls of his oatmeal while Derek poured to-go mugs of coffee and Kirsten ate her current favorite breakfast: buttered toast with sliced banana on top.

Once Kirsten finished, Derek took over with Hank and you took Kirsten upstairs, helping her get dressed in the clothes she had laid out before sending her back downstairs while you changed and finished your halfway done makeup and hair for the day.

"Okay, does everyone have everything? Socks and shoes, backpacks, lunch, snack?" You asked, grabbing your purse and keys.

Kirsten was standing by the door, ready to go, as Derek pulled on his jacket and grabbed Hank's bag.

"All accounted for," Kiki nodded.

You looked at her, slightly shocked by her grown-up vocabulary, "Someone's been hanging out with Uncle Reid too much."

You all laughed and you grabbed Hank before heading out of the house, loading everyone into the van. Once Kirsten was dropped off, your phone buzzed.

"Hey, Garcia, what's up?" You asked, turning into the parking lot for Hank's daycare.

"My precious gemstone of a friend, is chocolate thunder with you?" She asked.

You snorted, "Yes, he is, would you like to be put on speaker?"

"Yes, please," she replied, and paused while you pushed the button. You gave her the go ahead and she continued, "My lovelies, we have a case in Denver, Colorado. Hotch needs everyone here in ten to debrief, but he told me to tell you that if you're still dropping the kids off that you can meet them on the tarmac and debrief on the jet."