miss america - derek morgan

You were wholeheartedly convinced you were stuck in the like-a-little-sister-to-me zone with Morgan.

"Hotch, we can't send her in. That's way too dangerous."

"Hey, Kid, watch your step."

"Careful, Miss America. That's a gun, not a pom-pom."

"You got something on your face there-no, wait, that's just how it is."

"Uh-oh, does someone need a nap?"

His playful, friendly teasing and nagging would've been endearing if you weren't painfully attracted to him. Despite Prentiss trying to convince you that Morgan was head over heels for you, thus explaining why he treated you like he was a third grade boy, you couldn't believe it. Even Garcia couldn't make you see it. You had liked one or two guys before who only saw you as a "little sister" so you felt like you knew the signs.

Besides, what were the chances that a gorgeous man like Morgan would like you? It's not like you hated yourself-you knew you were pretty-but you were also practical enough to know when someone was out of your league.

"Forget your tiara this morning, Miss America?" Morgan teased as you entered the bullpen, leaning against his desk with a coffee mug in his hand.

You stuck your tongue out at him. "Forget your toupee today, old man?"

He slapped a hand over his heart, a thud resounding as he made contact with his rigid chest. "You got me. I'm wounded!" He pretended to dramatically stumble and fall as though he'd been shot.

You rolled your eyes and mumbled. "And you think I'm a drama queen."

It wasn't long before Hotch called everyone to the conference room. Prentiss met you by the stairs, wagging her eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh hush," you whisper-shouted. "It's not like that. He treats me like a baby."

Prentiss snorted as she took the stairs two at a time. "Yeah, like his baby."

You gasped through a laugh, smacking her on the arm lightly. "Em! Stop!"

"Just saying." She lifted a shoulder in a half shrug.

You took your seats at the round table as Garcia tapped away on her tablet, presenting the next case.

"You, my lovelies, will be going to good ole' Florida," she put some pictures up on the screen. "These poor girls work for um, the streets, and they have been found over the past few weeks in alleys around Tampa."

"Strangulation marks on the neck," Spencer pointed out, tapping his own tablet with his pen. "Do we know if that's the cause of death or a supplementary injury?"

"No, the cause of death is blood loss." Garcia flashed a few more pictures up on the individual tablets and the tv screen behind her, showing the women as they were found, in pools of blood. "I know this looks like a lot of blood, but they actually think some of the blood has been collected and taken from the scene. It's not nearly enough on the ground to have bleed out be the cause of death."

"So we can assume the choking was sexual in nature. Did he have sex with them before killing them?" Morgan asked.

Garcia nodded. "Indeed. Local police believe he hired them and when they showed up, he dragged them into the alley, raped them, and then knocked them out before slicing their side open to bleed them out and collect the blood." She shivered.

Prentiss tapped her chin in thought. "So he takes the blood from his victims. Is it a trophy? Or are we dealing with some sort of vampire-delusion situation?"