lucky for you- derek morgan

"She's here!"

You found yourself wrapped up in the most welcoming hug you had ever received.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Morgan," you giggled, returning the embrace.

"Yes, I'm so excited to see you too, Derek, my one and only son," Derek pouted dramatically as he stood by your side.

The older woman rolled her eyes with a light smile and gave her son a swat on the shoulder before turning back to you, "Just call me Fran, sweetness. Derek has told us all about you!"

You shook your head, "Hopefully all good things!"

"He's sung nothing but your praises since the moment he met you," she teased, shooting her son a wink.

"Would you like to invite us in the house, Momma?" Derek groaned.

"Oh, of course, come on in, it's freezing out here," Fran said, wrapping a warm arm around your shoulders, steering you into the house.

You glanced over your shoulder at Derek who was left to shut the door, flashing him a broad grin which he returned, chuckling as he did.

"Is this her?" A woman who startlingly resembled Morgan appeared in the living room, drying her hands on a kitchen towel.

"It sure is!" Fran proclaimed proudly, releasing you so the younger woman could embrace you just was warmly.

"My name is Desiree, I'm Derek's little sister," she said, her hands on your shoulders as she pulled back to examine you, "I think she's even prettier than you described her as, Der!"

Heat crept up your neck to your cheeks, your skin warm from the compliment, "You all are too kind. Thank you so much for having us over!"

"Oh no, sweetheart, I apologize for it not being sooner," Fran said quickly, leading you over to sit on the couch in the living room, "Derek here kept postponing on us."

Derek shook his head, "Work, Momma. You know how it is."

Fran took the loveseat across from the couch and Desiree perched on the smaller couch, while Derek took the seat next to you, his arm draped across your shoulders affectionately.

"Yes, I know," Fran sighed, "I guess you've met his wife, then, haven't you, Y/N?  Mrs. BAU?"

You giggled, "If that's the case, I guess we share a wife...I work with him."

Fran laughed, "That's right! I guess that helps, not having to miss each other because of work."

Derek waggled his eyebrows at you, "Oh yeah, we never miss each other."

You gave his chest a light smack as you laughed, embarrassed, "Der!"

"No one told me he was here already! Hey, Derek-oh!"

Another young woman, you presumed to be Derek's other sister, Sarah, entered the room, looking surprised to see you.

Derek stood and hugged his sister before gesturing to you, "Hey, sis, you remember me telling you about Y/N."

"Yes, hello Y/N," she frowned slightly with a short nod before quickly returning to the kitchen.

"Don't mind her," Fran sighed, "she's just protective of Derek is all."

You tried not to look too confused as you nodded along, worried about how you could've possibly ticked off his sister before even meeting her.

Derek returned to your side on the couch, giving your shoulders a reassuring squeeze, "She can be icy until you get to know her. I'm sure you'll have her charmed before the end of the night."