Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Twas the day before Christmas and all through the arboretum, three Baudelaires, two Barnums, and a Snicket-Boudelaire-Barnum were stirring. 
"Do you have the tree, Klaus?" Violet asked as she finished up some Christmas lights. 
"Yeah," Klaus said with a grumble as he was carrying in a palm tree that was going to be used as a substitute to an actual Christmas tree. 
"The decorations are finished!" Charlie said, holding up one of the ornaments he pained. 
"The cookies are done!" Sunny exclaimed. 
"Good. We can decorate once Y/N comes back from...wait, where did Y/N go?" Klaus asked. 
"I think she went looking for some stockings or something," Violet replied. 
"Makes sense. She better get back soon. It's almost three o'clock and we have to start decorating soon. 
Right on cue, Y/N came marching through the arboretum. 
"Sorry I'm late! It was a little harder to find socks big enough to be stockings then I thought. AND I had to hand wash them and dry them so that we can put the stuff in. I'd hate if we woke up the next morning with a funny smell coming from unwashed laundry."
Everyone burst out laughing. 
"Who's is who's?" Violet asked. 
"We'll have the little ones pick first, then we can pick. Then we can rotate with putting things in our stockings without seeing our own," Y/N explained. 
"Sounds like a plan. Before we do so, Sunny wants to decorate cookies, then Klaus wants to put up the tree and Charlie just finished the ornaments so we could decorate," Violet explained. 
"Sounds like a jolly plan," Y/N said with a wink before setting the stockings down. 

Sunny had the cookies laid out on a plate and everybody decorated at least three different cookies. Sunny decorated a candy cane shape, a tree shape, and a reindeer shape. Charlie decorated a Christmas light shape, a Santa shape, and a snowflake shape. Violet had a stocking shape, a ribbon shape, and a Santa hat shape. Klaus had a tree shape, a stocking shape, and a candy cane shape. And Y/N had a present shape, a mistletoe shape, and a star shape. 

Once they were done decorating with the frosting Sunny made from scratch, Klaus placed the tree in the corner of the arboretum and Violet placed the lights on the tree. Then everybody decorated with Charlie's handmade ornaments. He made many different shapes with many different colors. He was lucky that a painting kit washed up on the island a few weeks ago. 
Charlie also hand made a star. Violet and Y/n picked up Charlie and Sunny so that they could put the star on top of the tree together. How did they manage to put it on top of a palm tree? Well...luckily there was a wonky branch that was hanging out symmetrically right on top of the tree. The moment when Charlie and Sunny put the star on top had to be everyone's favorite part of decorating. 

Once they were done decorating the tree, Y/N got out the socks and let Beatrice choose first. Beatrice chose a white sock with pink threading on the rim. Sunny chose a yellow sock with a white collar. Charlie then chose a blue sock with red threading on the rim. Violet chose a lavender sock with a grey rim. Klaus chose a red sock with a soft green rim, and Y/N chose the last one which was a f/c with a d/f/c (different favorite color) rim. 

Once they hung their stockings over the fireplace, they had dinner, which was prepared by Sunny and Violet. They had ham, potatoes, and rolls with eggnog to drink on the side. 
Then after the meal, they all put the presents under the tree that they had made for each other. 
Sunny then made hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon and the Baudelaires, Barnums, and Beatrice cuddled up on the couch, watching Christmas movies until it got late. 
"We better get to bed so that Christmas comes sooner," Y/N said as she stood up with a sleepy Charlie in her arms. Klaus held Sunny and Violet held Beatrice. 

Once they got the kids to bed, Violet, Klaus and Y/N went to bed as well, looking forward for the next day to come. 

****

"Wake up!!!" Sunny and Charlie exclaimed in unison. Y/N, Klaus, and Violet woke up with a groan. 
"Presents!" said Charlie.
"Stockings" said Sunny. The eldest children exchanged smiles. Beatrice started babbling happily. 
"I'll get Beatrice," Y/N said sleepily. They got up out of bed and Y/N went to Beatrice's cradle and picked her up. They walked to the tree and sat down in front of it. 
"This one's for Sunny from me," Violet said, handing Sunny a wrapped gift. 
"This one's to Klaus from me," Y/N said handing Klaus a gift. 
"This one's to Violet from me," said Klaus, handing his sister a gift. 
"To Y/N from me," said Charlie.
"To Charlie from me," said Sunny. 
"To Beatrice from Santa," Y/N said. 
"Alright. Everyone open your gifts," Y/N announced. 
Everyone tore into their gifts. Even Beatrice for she learned by the "monkey see-monkey do" strategy.
Sunny got some new cooking utensils, Violet got some new tools, Klaus got "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, Y/N got a ukulele hand sculpted and painted by Charlie himself, Charlie got some new brushes, and Beatrice got a new blanket. 
After an exchange of thank yous, they moved on to the next round of gifts. 
"To Sunny from me," said Charlie. 
"To Violet from me," Y/N said. 
"To Y/N from me," said Klaus. 
"To Klaus from me," said Sunny. 
"To Charlie from me," said Violet.
"To Beatrice from all of us," said Y/N. 
The next round of presents were opened. Sunny got some fancy Tupperware, crafted by Charlie. Violet got some new gloves, Y/N got a new record with some Judy Garland songs, Klaus got a book on ships, Charlie got a new set of oil paints, and Beatrice got a bonnet. 
Another round of thank yous were exchanged before the next round of present. 
"To Sunny from me," said Klaus. 
"To Violet from me," said Sunny. 
"To Y/N from me,"  said Violet.
"To Klaus from me," said Charlie. 
"To Charlie from me," said Y/N.
"To Beatrice from all of us," said Klaus. 
Sunny got a cook book, Violet got some safety goggles, Y/N got a mechanism for her record player that would would make the record play by the push of a button. Klaus got a picture book full of renaissance art that Charlie drew. Charlie got some new pallets, and Beatrice got a pink dress. 
Everyone said thank you once again. 
"To Sunny from me," said Y/N. 
"To Y/N from me," said Sunny. 
"To Klaus from me," said Violet. 
"To Violet from me," said Charlie. 
"To Charlie from me," said Klaus. 
"To Beatrice from Santa," said Violet. 
Sunny got an apron, Y/N got some french cooking music records, Klaus got a new pen and some ink, Violet got a small crafting table, Charlie got a blank portrait, and Beatrice got a pair of socks.