Three Months: Defensive of Beatrice

It's been three months on the island and The Baudelaires, my brother and I have started to get used to life on the island. Violet has finished all of her inventions that help her take care of Beatrice. She finished the crib last month and made a mechanism that rocks the cradle so we don't have to do it ourselves, which all helps us get a good night's sleep. Violet also made a stroller that works on the sand so we can take her on walks around the island just to get out of the arboretum. 

Even though I trust the Baudelaires with Beatrice's life, I feel as if I should be the one to take care of her because she is the only blood family Charlie and I have left besides Uncle Lemony who I am sure we will never be able to find since he is on the lam. And since I am the oldest one of my family left, I feel like I have to watch over and protect not just Charlie, but Beatrice as well. I haven't felt this way before, but since Beatrice is three months now and feels more familiar with me, I feel like I have the stronger connection with her. I feel like I created the motherly bond between Beatrice and I and Beatrice thinks of me like I'm her mother. I know I am only thirteen now, but soon I'll be fourteen when we're finally able to leave the island and make a living on our own much better than we have here. I have a piece of Kit inside of my heart, which holds the love I have for Beatrice. Sure, the Baudelaires love her too, but I don't think they understand the strong connection I feel since they didn't have that sort of connection with Kit like I did. 
Everyday in Beatrice's eyes, I see her. Not just my aunt Kit, but my mother. I mean, yeah Kit named Beatrice after their mother, but I feel Beatrice has more potential then living up to a name and the reputation of the name. 

And ever since Beatrice has been learning to sit up on her own, the two eldest Baudelaires have been using that as an advantage. I barely have any time with Beatrice becasue Klaus and Violet take her to teach her things about their hobbies. I've been paying very close attention to the way the Baudelaires treat Beatrice and it all lines up to the same thing. 
With Violet, she tells her stories about her mother, which is sweet and I love listening to them too, but the stories all end with the same one line. "And one day, you'll grow up to be just like her,"
With Klaus, he reads her all of his mother's favorites. I love Klaus with all my heart, but he's also in the mindset that Beatrice will grow up to be just like his mother. Every time he closes a book he says: "Once you learn to read, you'll love it just as much as she did."
And with Sunny, the only thing she does is show Beatrice her dishes and says "It was my mom's favorite," and doesn't say anything that makes it relate to Beatrice. And I commend her for that. 
But, one day, things went a little too far. 

We were all in the arboretum on a rainy day. Klaus was reading, Sunny was washing dishes, Charlie was drawing, Violet was working on a new invention, I was writing, and Beatrice was taking a nap. 
Beatrice was mostly calm during storms, but there was a loud boom of thunder that scared her awake. Beatrice started crying and Violet, Klaus and I quickly approached her cradle. 
"That's weird. Thunder has never scared her before," said Violet.
"It's also a bigger storm than usual and the thunder was a little louder than usual," 
"I know what can cheer her up. I have a new invention she can try out," said Violet. 
"Violet, I think a story would be a little more appropriate for a storm," 
"Guys..." I interjected. 
"But, mother always liked testing inventions during a storm," said Violet. 
"But, mother always read books to us during a storm," 
"Guys--"
"Klaus, Beatrice wouldn't be able to hear you over the storm since it's louder than usual."
"Violet, Beatrice would be too tired to test out an invention which is why reading is more calming than testing a loud invention,"
"Klaus it's not a loud invention. I just added a motor to the curtain rail and I wanted Beatrice to pull the rope connected to the motor. I think she'd like it," Violet argued. 
" Yeah, well I think she'd prefer to read the next chapter of  Moby Dick," Klaus argued. 
Violet and Klaus were still arguing and I couldn't take it anymore. I hated how they always compared Beatrice to their mom, which I found unfair and not right at all. So, while they were still arguing I picked up Beatrice, grabbed an umbrella and left the arboretum.