Decision Day (Last Chapter)

3rd Person POV

It's the day before what the islanders from before (that still haven't returned) call Decision day. And the Barnums and the Baudelaires had planned to take the boat that had gotten them on this island in the first place over the high tide and off of the island. Where they planned to go next was unknown at the time.

To kick off their last day on the island, Klaus read the last chapter of their parent's autobiography, written by his mother. 

"Last chapter. Today the seawall will flood, and we've reached our decision. We will leave the island in a boat Bertrand has built and named after me, to rejoin the world...in time for our first child to be born. We came here to raise children someplace safe,but we now realize we cannot shelter them forever. If it is a girl, we will name her Violet. And if it is a boy...Lemony!"
Klaus said before looking up from the book. 
"Lemony? They were gonna name me Lemony." Violet chuckled from the top balcony. 
"I wonder why that name was so important," Klaus said in wonder.
"We met a Lemony, remember?" Violet asked. 
"Yeah, he's my uncle. I wonder where he is now," Y/N replied as she straightened up some of the things that were laying on the ground. 
"Our parents never told us about him," said Klaus. 
"Our parents never told us a lot of things," Violet said. 
"Cake!" Sunny announced. 
Violet, Klaus, Y/N and Charlie walked over to Beatrice who was sitting in her high chair wearing a birthday hat. Sunny brought the cake and placed it on Beatrice's high chair.  
"Ready, Y/N?" Klaus asked. Y/N smiled and nodded.
"One, two, three," Klaus counted before Y/N blew out the candle on the cake. 
"Happy birthday!" Violet, Klaus, Sunny, and Charlie told Y/N and Beatrice. 
"I can't believe it's been a year," Y/N said. 
"Me either," said Klaus. 
"It's a strange place to celebrate her first birthday," said Violet. 
"Should we tell her about the birthday you had on a submarine?" Klaus asked addressing his sister. 
"Or the one you had in a jail cell?" Violet asked with a chuckle before they got up and left Y.N and Beatrice to enjoy their cake.
Beatrice tried feeding Y/N the cake as Y/N fed Beatrice. It was a cute and enjoyable moment.

That night when they put Beatrice to bed in her crib. Violet pumped the rocking mechanism as Klaus and Y/N sat on the couch. 
"It's been a year. That means the seawall will flood again tomorrow. This is our chance to leave." Violet said taking a seat on the couch.
"And go where?" Klaus asked. 
"We can't shelter her forever. Her parents knew that," Violet replied. 
"If we leave, what will we find?" Klaus asked. 
"If we get us to the main land, I can find a place where I know we'll be safe no matter what we find," Y/N said. 
"And where is that?" Klaus asked. 
"We'll know when we get there," Y/N replied, looking back to Beatrice who slept peacefully in her bed. 

Lemony Snicket's POV (I know I haven't done this in a while, so here ya go)

The world is a complicated and confusing place, with more stories than even one very dedicated, very lonely researcher can uncover.
Stories about noble siblings who survive fire and eagles to be reunited at last.
Or two submarine co-captains on a mission to find their missing stepfather.
Or a troupe of actors finding personal and artistic fulfillment. At least for a night.
I've even heard of a brave snake who swam a great distance to carry an apple to a certain outrigger. Though, of course, there are still unknowns.

3rd Person POV

The next morning, the Baudelaires and the Barnums gathered everything they needed for their journey before packing it into the boat and pushing it towards shore. Sunny and Charlie were already inside the boat as Violet, Klaus and Y/N pushed it and Beatrice was in her stroller, watching.
"Well, we can't set sail on a boat named the Olaf," said Klaus. 
"I think the original name is underneath," Violet said before her and Klaus removed the name tag that covered the original name. Beatrice.
The two eldest Baudelaires stopped and smiled before exchanging looks. Beatrice cooed and gurgled from behind them. 
"That's right. That's your name," Violet smiled.
"It was our mother's name, too," said Klaus. "Are we ready to do this?" he asked.
"If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting the rest of our lives," Y/N said. 
"Come on, Beatrice," Klaus said, picking Beatrice up from her stroller and placing her in a basket. 
"It's okay, it's okay," Klaus cooed as he carefully placed her inside. Klaus joined the girls in the back of the boat.
"Let's go home," he said.